Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

coil removal

I need to pull and clean my coils. I have the plumbing off but cant get the coils out of the housing. Any tips?

I cant beleive how much crap is in there. no wonder it smokes.

its a horizontal burner. After talking to Bob Williamson, i just said the hell with it. This thing is definately not put together right and Im afraid Ill make it worse

APW. Went out of business soon after I bought it.

no kidding. Too bad, if they knew what they were doing they'd still be in business. APW seems to have been a 'hack' outfit. TOO bad they snookered others into selling their secondhand product.

Just goes to show what Florida is about......$$$$$

no kidding. Too bad, if they knew what they were doing they'd still be in business. APW seems to have been a 'hack' outfit. TOO bad they snookered others into selling their secondhand product.

Just goes to show what Florida is about......$$$$$

Gary, Didnt you buy an APW from Steve too? I know several people who have their machines and they work great.Im sure every manufacturer has there bad production days. From talking to a former employee, they just had bad business practices. Their engineers work for someone else now and may be building the next skid you buy.

I took Bob W's advice and just cleaned what I could reach with a wire brush, shop vac and poured a generous dose of Red Devil into it and ran it.

Every one knows Florida is home to all the scam artists in the country, dont you Mel?

At least we have a growing economy, adding jobs where everyone has a right to work, free from the corrupt influence of unions.

Dont think PA can say that.

Florida is notoriously known for it's scam artists and lying, cheating 'professionals' and contractors.

I've never seen more people promise to show up and then don't nor have I experienced businesses neglecting to return phone calls.

This may not be as bad further north but down here in the south it's horrible and takes a lot of work to get your client's trust.

I just sold my APW skid too. It's no wonder they're now defunct.....Those things were crap!

I feel like I'm selling 2 of them. Chappy bought the first one I had after I turned it back in for a new one with only 41 hours on it. It had broken down four times in those 41 hours and after explaining the legal ramifications to all parties involved I got another one, which sucked almost as bad as the first. Hopefully the spell has been broken.

I've only mentioned this once before on the internet, but got accused of slander for stating the facts. It's funny how some of the unscrupulous try to manipulate things.

Florida is a vacation/retirement destination.

as far a my APW skid....I've had issues with it and the expenses incurred did hurt, was it RPC's fault??? No, he didn't assemble the machine nor was he responsible for aquiring the suppliers for the components.

New coil...burner fuel pump..."powdercoating failure"....leaking tanks....

Machine works great now thanks to consults with Steve and Bob.

I just sold my APW skid too. It's no wonder they're now defunct.....Those things were crap!

I feel like I'm selling 2 of them. Chappy bought the first one I had after I turned it back in for a new one with only 41 hours on it. It had broken down four times in those 41 hours and after explaining the legal ramifications to all parties involved I got another one, which sucked almost as bad as the first. Hopefully the spell has been broken.

I've only mentioned this once before on the internet, but got accused of slander for stating the facts. It's funny how some of the unscrupulous try to manipulate things.

Don,

Isn't this always the case?

I'm constantly amazed how people spin the story instead of telling the entire truth.

Ok, Since its been broached, I can speak freely. Didnt want to get accused of slandering anyone. It was a piece of crap. Had it in the shop numerous times. To his credit, Steve Rowlett did take care of me at the beginning, sending me several things at his expense, (unloader, pressure switch,) And I dont blame him at all for the problems. As Gary said, He didnt design the machine and was left holding the bag. Im sure his reputation was damaged from selling this line of product.

It does now work very well, with the exception of the unburned diesel on the coils. Poor design.

Ive said this before, but the things that go bad on these machines are the items that are not covered under warranty. The engines are great, the burners, pumps etc, are great. but the design of the machines can be faulty, and when the design causes failures, the things that fail arent warrantied.

Its a shame, but true. Every time you buy a machine you better know what the dealer is and isnt going to do to help with the non warrantied items, and if you buy from a dealer some distance from your home, be preparred to go it alone. I bought based on price. I paid for that.

I have never blamed Steve, and have defended him to every one who faulted him for the problems I had.

There have been some problems with the Pressure Pro line of skids also. The local dealer rewires them because the diesel feeds even when the burner switch is off. I just bought a used one with only 10 or so hours on it. The burned nicely when I tested it, but first time I turned the hot water on, diesel poured out the bottom of the burner housing! Im talking several ounces. Could have been from the moving process, but it could be another problem. This time I got such a good deal, I figured I could afford some repair work. and was fully aware of the lack of warranty. 'let the buyer beware.' I was. This time.

Between your skids and your truck, you should be very well versed in diesel issues and repair.....A pro in no time!

Ps....Never mix calcium hypochlorite and diesel. :lgwave:

What happens?? Im one that will mix it just to find out unless you tell me.