Sign in to follow this  
CCHSNC

Cleaning Windows

I have been getting quit a few requests lately for cleaning residential windows. Could someone fill me in on the going rate? I don't want to rip off the custeomers or sell myself short.

CCHSNC,

We do residential windows at $7 per window(inside and outside),add the same if the customer has storm windows,we also try to get our customers to get their blinds cleaned @ $6 per blind,as well as,screens @ $2 per.Price per window is slightly higher for second story,and half for outside only.

I know what you are thinking that is $22 per complete window,but if you have never done residential before,you will need to charge that much to make any $$ for the time it takes.

If we are doing pressure washing or doing some other service we give a discount usually 10% sometimes 15%.

You can adjust prices to meet the economy for your area,we have never walked away from doing residential windows because the customer thought the price was to high.

remember speed is the key in doing windows

I always read that squegeeing is the fastest way to clean windows, but I have trouble with streaking when I use this method. I am convinced it is my technique though. Can someone say the best technique to use when doing windows this way. I use squeggee off cleaning solution

If you give 10 people the same tools and solution to clean a window . You will get 10 different result's. It take's a lot of practice to get good and make money.

Diamond Jim master window cleaner !!!

If your getting bleed-back try using Glass gleam4 in hard water areas, Glass gleam3 in soft. Heres the link:-

http://www.titanlabs.net/gg4.htm

You'll find that it's cheaper than Dawn (fairy for England), and gives a see through finish that clients can't believe. Some pro's can't handle it, but once your used to it, you'll never go back.

Cheers, Karl

Diamond Jim master window cleaner !!! [/b]

Sorry, Jim but I think I already have the title of master window cleaner sewed up tight. Maybe too much organ music going to head?

To be a master you have to do res, comm and high rise, right?

I was thinking about getting into the window washing side of the biz. I have a couple questions. When you say you charge x amount per window, is that per pane? Because windows in a house that you slide up and down are actually two windows. So actually 4 panes of glass. Inside top, inside bottom, outside top, and outside bottom. Is this considered one window or two?

Hey Gun Man,

A standard double hung window (lifts up and down) is considered (1) one window, in other words the entire unit or opening or both panes is counted as one. When you have a tripple track storm or storm inserts (Pella style) you count that as two.

If you are really serious about starting I would look to work with someonewho does window cleaning and /or attend the Feb. convention in Dallas. The International Window Cleaners Association (IWCA) is co-hosting, They even have windows there (for a contest) that people can show you how to clean.

I started my company window cleaning over 15 years ago - it is still a major portion of our business (55%), but Pressure washing is far more profitable. It is great at geting your foot in the door in residential work and is a huge repeat business.

If you would like to talk more about it email me or post specific questions.

Rich Little? Isn't that that the guy who impersonate's as a master window cleaner ? I never did high rise. I started my biz 17 years ago. Residential as Tim said is great for the pressure cleaning biz. The customer will trust you more with all their work because your there once or twice a year.