Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

Ron M's great caustic debate - split from another thread

You assume they all know this?????????? mistaken again

No I don't assume that. But I have read many of the posts from the members here, have met some and spoken to many more. This is a network. We all learn here and help each other out. And we are not stupid.

Now I am going to ask you to stop talking down to everyone here like they are stupid idiots. We aren't. And like it or not you do come across this way.

Beth

Not true, I can ad bleach to just about anything and not damage it. wear I cannot gurantee.

Mike, i have studied tested in my own shop. if you dont believe me its ok.

You dont have to be right or wrong. I'm not really concerned with that. I have gotten messages from your view and from others that get it.

My wife was the one who came up with the bleach example. ( i now use it at my shows, along with other chemicals) if you come to phx we can use the shirt off your back. if i destroy the shirt or the tiles I will pay for the cost of your trip. I doubt your attending the PWNA convention. so if anyone thats coming wants to take a crack at my challenge. Please let me know.

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy it. If I add a couple ounces of household bleach to my washload of colored clothes (say a red T-shirt), after a few washings like that, it will be faded quite a bit more than if it were not washed with bleach.

I'm not arguing that chemicals may be SAFER at lower concentrations, that's pretty much common sense.

You assume they all know this?????????? mistaken again

Here you are again with this "They're stupid, I'm smart" attitude.

Sorry your confused Mike

I'm not the only one. When the majority of people you're addressing are confused as to your meaning, that ought to tell you something...You're the common denominator. Maybe take my advice and try to communicate a bit more clearly.

Ok, I'll bite. What do you consider damage then? What concentration? What dwell time? This should be enlightening.

I guess the surface conditions would be the first thing i needed to know.

Example: each and every condition going to different.

I dont by pool acid at the store I buy from a chemical supply house that drums at consitrated levels.

I forget that often most buy off shelf chemicals.

I know my chemicals, I just think awareness is a good thing and maybe some will look into the thoughts and realize that looking outside the label on a box of soap is a good thing.

Just to let the secret out, I do not do homes. The material on commercial roofs that i do wash range in large varietys.

The sq. feet amount each month i have not even added it. some building are 100 thousands of feet.

remember, Most roofs on commercial buildings are flat.

And if I'm not mistaken, they're not asphalt shingle, or barrel tile either, right?

And if I'm not mistaken, they're not asphalt shingle, or barrel tile either, right?

I would be safe to say we have every roof know to man and then some.

Phx is a proving ground for all major manufactures. I dont have to explain why that is, do i???

I dont get on rants for nothing. stop pretending it was you.....

of course its always the guy with no id

Again, more confusing and confrontational crap. No ID? His name and information has been in his profile...you just didn't bother to look. It's now in his signature line. Beth has said she and Rod met him in LA. They know him. He's hardly an unknown around here.

It is possible what you're looking for is a part of the split off-thread from the PWNA thread, from which this thread was also split.

surprisingly its not here anymore, I dont get on rants for nothing. stop pretending it was you.....

What the heck are you sniffing dude!! What is it now an industry wide conspiracy to discredit Ron **********...the 24 year veteran.

No it's more like you don't READ what is written. You just go off on misinterpreted information.

You made a statement and I'm asking you to back it up.

Sooooooooo......I'm........waiting.............

Scott

No Mike, you just dont like me, thats all it is... thats ok. I have no problem with that.

Think what you want...

I have no problem with you when you're not being an arrogant jerk.

Maybe you're just a tad sensitive?

I'm sure you and I could sit down and have a great discussion on any number of things...I just don't like arrogance, and you have to admit, I'm certainly not the only one pointing it out to you.

Again, I have no problem with you most of the time. I have no dislike of you personally, and usually you don't come off this way...but you sure are here in this thread.

I'm not looking for it he was. thats funny whos trying to confuse things now?

Scott asked you to post it, so you went looking for it, and said it wasn't there. So yes, you WERE looking for it, to answer Scott. How in the world is me suggesting to you where you could find it trying to confuse things???

I think it might be time for me to step back here...I don't want a huge confrontation with you, and you seem to have a problem with me at this point.

surprisingly its not here anymore, I dont get on rants for nothing. stop pretending it was you.....

First of all, the post is NOT gone. Maybe you need to look in the other half of the thread, prior to the split... the PWNA half. If memory serves me it is there. Also if memory serves me, and it may not but we'll see, the poster was not Scott but Mel. Lastly, ALL posters here have an ID. Guests cannot post on these forums.

Beth

Scott, you said it and i know beth saw it and if she didnt then oh well.

Mike made a good suggestion, maybe its back on the otehr thread. your the one that said it not me...

Back it up???? are you serious LOL I'm not a fighter... not that way...

Well, i'm going to enjoy the evening out... you guys have fun here.

If you want to watch me clean a roof, wait i dont clean roofs. if you want to watch anyone of my employees clean a roof your welcome to come out.

Might be easier to show you that way. or maybe attend one of the roof shows i attend.

Like i said i'm renting a booth at the PWNA in feb...

Beth has said she and Rod met him in LA. They know him. He's hardly an unknown around here.

After Katrina I went and spent a week in Florida with Wayne. I ate breakfast and dinner with Big Pete several times also.I promise flesh and bones here. I just don't have a BBS or 24 years experience yet.After hearing it come out of your mouth, I may never say my # of years experience when I get as many as you. Sounds pretty bad when you say it.

Scott

Not true, I can ad bleach to just about anything and not damage it. wear I cannot gurantee.

This is your words, ok, still the question stands...what do you consider damage? What dwell time? what concentration?

Sorry to put you on the spot but you have a number of very educated individuals here who have researched their chems well enough to pass a college equivalent exam on them in order to be responsible in business, OSHA safety regulations and administer safety protocols for their employees so that they are not liable under the OSHA regs for negligence.

Process has little to do with it. EXPOSURE (eg;contact, reactive action, interaction, dissolution, precipitation, heat generation) does.

You are talking about adding an oxidizer to something and claiming no damage, even if adding to another chemical to make a compound you are creating a mix that has the potential for damage. The quote above is a misleading statement and I am asking on behalf of the readership the questions posed.

Sorry to mince words here but from a responsibility perspective towards our archives, I would like to make sure you have the chance to elaborate and explain your self further. The lack of information in your posts is alarming in the statements being made and what is being pervaded to those who would use this thread as a manner of information.

I am sure you do not put this little effort into training your employees but in making yourself credible in the eyes of those who would read your posts, take the time to make sure they are complete, clear, concise and accurate.

Rod!~