Sign in to follow this  
Integrity Curb Appeal

Thoughts on a post card design...

It took me a minute to figure it out, but I like the concept. Are you going to use it just for commercial account recruitment. Could you modify it to use for all of your customer base (residential and commercial).

Again, I like the concept, With the cost of printing, I would try to optimize my best bang for the buck, If you are interested in help, call Keith Bruce at KBK Graphics. He has done a lot of pressure washing grphic design work.

Good Luck

Scott,

My 2 cents worth...I'd change it. Postcards are low return marketing, typically less than 0.5%. Your card design is really good, but the message may be too subtle. Since postcards are destined for the trash bin, you've got to have a message that grabs immediate attention. I'd make the message more direct, and the graphics more eye catching. My 2 cents worth.

Kevinw

It was for commercial business, It was specifically designed with restaurants in mind. I think you guys are correct. Thanks, for the honesty. As for the concept, I want to give someone a slam-dunk... I need this service.

Perhaps a pic of someone getting spanked with a big paddle...

And the text reads something like... Do you remember the last time your boss reamed you for the sidewalks, and the points you lost for the trash coral on your last health inspection. What about the time the CEO visited, and told you to invest in a scraper for the gum on the sidewalk? You have too much to do already to have to worry about doing these things yourself.

One call stress reduction! We'll get 'em off your back 555-5555

Free estimates.

I guess what I am trying to do is be forward, leave a memory by touching on an emotional spot to why this needs done, but not tick someone off at the same time.

I guess I could have a few of something like this printed just for the really dirty restaurants.

Integrity PSI,

I don't like it simply b/c, by looking at the picture, I get the impression that you're marketing some sort of event organization, banquet hall, restaurant, etc.

You need to put some exterior before and after shots on the card instead of a shot of some tables with settings.

Besides, your verbage referrs to everything exterior. Then why the interior shot?

I really like the message you are trying to communicate - good job there. I think the picture is somewhat disconnected from the message, though. Maybe you could come up with an alternate image to support what you're trying to get across.

Postcards are an OK vehicle for communication, but for this channel of customer it may get lost in the shuffle of numerous mailings they get daily. Another approach to this targeted customer may be a more formal presentation of your services, including references, photos of successful jobs, and a detailed description of your services. It might speak louder than a postcard...

Scott...

Being BOLD is important in marketing.

If you're not ticking someone off, you're

advertising probably isn't as effective as

it could be.

...Boring advertising is ineffective advertising!

Forget ticking someone off, what is your R.O.I.?

That's what's important.

Don't be overly passive.

How's this...

"Get Your Boss Off Your Ass NOW!"

* Gum On Your Sidewalk - GONE!

* Dumpster Area Covered in Grease - GONE!

* Too Much To Do & No Time To Do It...

Call Integrity PSI Today and We'll

Wash Your Stress Away!

Your Boss Will Think Your A Freakin Genius.

Integrity PSI (XXX) XXX-XXXX

-Todd-

Scott...

Being BOLD is important in marketing.

If you're not ticking someone off, you're

advertising probably isn't as effective as

it could be.

...Boring advertising is ineffective advertising!

Forget ticking someone off, what is your R.O.I.?

That's what's important.

Don't be overly passive.

How's this...

"Get Your Boss Off Your Ass NOW!"

* Gum On Your Sidewalk - GONE!

* Dumpster Area Covered in Grease - GONE!

* Too Much To Do & No Time To Do It...

Call Integrity PSI Today and We'll

Wash Your Stress Away!

Your Boss Will Think Your A Freakin Genius.

Integrity PSI (XXX) XXX-XXXX

-Todd-

Todd,

That's awesome, just what I'm Looking for...

I'll sepend money on that just to say I did! What would be a good in your face graphic? I love the freakin Genius idea. Let's hear the ideas guys.

At first glance, I thought it was an interior decorating flyer. Before & afters work best. Put pics of what you clean on the post card. Before & afters and a few strong comments and thats it. You only have 3-5 seconds to inpress a recipiant of this post card. It took me at least that long to figure out what it was - and I already know that you are a pressure washer. My opinion, back to the drawing board. Remember - simple, quick, and use eye candy.

Scott,

Writing the ad copy and then applying

the ad graphics...are two seperate things.

Many people think the graphics are the most

important part of an ad.

They are NOT! Pretty pictures DON'T sell...

WORDS DO!

This has been proven in the market many times.

However, having said that...a good graphic that

'SUPPORTS' your words can turn a good ad, into

a great one.

Writing effective ad copy takes knowledge and there

is a high price to pay...experience & testing the market!

Creating top quality graphics that WORK, takes exactly

the same thing.

By no means can I tell you that my suggestion will work,

only the marketplace can do that.

But if you decide to do any kind of promotion I would suggest NOT trying to create the graphics yourself.

This is an area that you should be hiring qualified talent! Keith at KBK Graphics would be my first (and only) choice.

Trying to save a few bucks here will have you looking

like a top quality....AMATEUR!

Look at it like this. An effective ad can be ran over and over again. One single ad can make you thousands of dollars over time. Don't skimp.

-Todd-

Thanks Matthew, Richard and Scott for your kind words.

Richard, I'm not saying that all advertising has to be

'in your face' like this example. But you've definately got

to get your prospects attention FAST!

There are several ways to do it. Some better than others.

But the one thing I see most people in advertising doing

(not just pressure washers either) is NOT using headlines.

And even when they do, they are extremely wimpy or passive.

Sorry, but that's a total waste of money.

A headline is absolutely essential if you want to reach out and

grab your prospect by the throat and essentially say...

"Hey, stop what you're doing and pay attention to what I've

got to say. It's really important to YOU!"

-Todd-

Todd, I like your style.

Think 'reticular activation'. That is the key to any media being effective.

Definition: Your brain constantly scans for that which is irregular. You hear a car alarm going on you may or may not even glance over. You hear a car screeching to an abrubt halt with smoke pouring off the tires and a god awful sound you are going to take notice.

The key to effectiveness, IMO, is to not cross the line and set the ante too high. People become desensitized very quickly. One has to do crazier and crazier things to get attention. I love marketing as it is such a balance of ingenuity, creativity and having your finger on the pulse of the consumer.

I have a flyer that starts off..

"ARE YOU INTENTIONALLY HARMING YOUR CHILDREN?"

If your house looks like this you may very well be..

*PICTURE OF MOLDY HOUSE*

Call Today to listen to a free report on the dangers of mold infestation or to have an expert technician give you a free property analysis.

DO IT NOW... AREN'T YOUR KIDS WORTH IT?

Ken,

Great flyer! I could tell you were (are) a student of marketing from your past posts.

I too love marketing.

The one thing I have been taught is to write a ton of headlines (even as many as 100)...first, then choose the top ten.

Then narrow it down to the top one or two. And then see if they can be improved upon.

This of course is 'after' you have done your market research on your potential customer.

Your headline is very good and I know you don't like to cross the line. But again I have to say that a powerful message WILL **** off a few people, and most likely make you a ton more money.

Just an idea...

"Is Your TOXIC Home Silently Killing Your Children?"

Mold infestation can quitely rob you and your family of your precious health.

CALL NOW (24 Hours)...For FREE Recorded Information on eliminating mold from your home. Do it now and save precious time! First 7 callers receive FREE Property Analysis.

????

-Todd-

Great stuff in this thread.

Ken,

Have you found a place in your marketing for that Mailer I sent to you? I'd like to see any modifications you might make.

Better yet, I'd like a peek at the message you use on the back side.

Last week I was doing the exact same postcard. I could not find a restaurant store front for my card & I did not want to confuse the recipient with an interior pic. So I went a different route I did a pic of a cell phone with " Have you heard the buzz" in bold letters on the front. On the back I put "there talking about your restaurant. Dont let the topic of conversation be how dirty the exterior is"

Question....

Which restaurant would you be most inclined to dine in....

Restaurant A have an ad with a very appealing photo of a steak dinner, taken with a nice background....perhaps a frosty drink next to it...

OR.... Restaurant B which has a meal on a plate they have use for years, taken under fluorescent lights, making it look more like diner food than steakhouse food.

Now before we debate text vs. photos, I will say that a good photo can and will sell your work. Text can be an important ingredient don't get me wrong, but it is not the whole enchilada. People want a "look" and there is no getting around that.

Beth :cup:

Absolutely, Beth. The balance is tying together your draw in with your real message. A picture can do that wonderfully.

At the bottom of my flyer design it says, "Go ahead flip this over to se what PressurePros can do for you" and there, of course, is the after picture of gleaming siding, spotless windows, and fresh white concrete. Without the pictures, the whole card would just be a gimmick.