Sign in to follow this  
JOgden

Internet Explorer 7 has been released

Question

IE7 was released last week to the public for those of you who have Windows XP SP2 installed on your machines. I'm sure some of you use an alternative browser due to IE 6's short comings but I highly suggest you install IE7 even if you do not use it as your main browser. IE7 offers many new features but most importantly it offers a more secure browsing exerience.

I have not been able to write a review for it, but if you'd like, head over here to review all of the features.

To install Internet Explorer 7, go to Microsoft's website.

8 answers to this question

IE has always been generaly safe, as long as the end user is smart enough to stay away from certain things. But Microsoft has realized that not all people are saavy when it comes to security so they have put in better security measures this time around.

I'm still thinking of going with Mozilla. I plan on trying it on my laptop first, since I don't share that computer with anyone else. My wife hates change, so she will take some time adjusting to IE 7, which I installed on Monday.

Been using Mozilla for quite awhile and love it. I hate how everything is so integrated with IE. I STILL can't get things like video plugins and shockwave to work properly with IE. Maybe 7 fixed these issues. I'll try it, but for fast surfing I still like Firefox.