Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Restora

Question

I recieved a sample package today from a group called Flood.

The product they sent me was called Restora.

http://www.flood.com/flood/

I never asked for the kit. They are just doing some pricey soliciting I guess.

The product claims to revitalize vinyl and shutters. They claim it will be a great add on to upsell onsight.

I have had great success with carnuba ( for vinyl) through the xjet. Lots of shine.

BUT..... here's what got me..... They offer a lifetime garauntee on the product and could very well be a great upsell. They only offer %'s of profits with out actually giving you a measurment to go by. Probably because of different areas economies. So I do not know what an application with a lifetime garauntee would cost on top of my resi and commercial washes.

Anyone ever use this? Is it a good product worth the investment and the upsell? Most vinyl resi are not in upper tier areas 200K and below. So most already don't want to part with what $ they have. It's like pulling teeth.

Am thinking about any business extention I can add when I move to the Lone Star next month. And this seems to be doable.

??????

80 answers to this question

Restora does not crack, peel. Covered in the warrenty on the label. However it does fade away over a period of time. Kind of like eating a McDonalds hamber. You eat it, its gone get another one. We'll Restore siding every four or five years if applicable. The cost of getting on ladders is very inexpensive compared to the income of the project. If I complete a project get a few hundred dollars I get my cost per hr. for the company. I charge the same for time as I would if I get on a ladder or stand on the ground. Having more hrs. per year is how we make more money. I know we couldn't keep six full time employees busy PWing, but adding on the rest of our work, I sometimes think we need more employees. I pay low WC based on the PDCA rating, Group rate. 90% Reduction. Everyone is trained for all our work On the Ground or 50' up. We found that Restora is our most profitable part of our business. Thank You.

post-2261-137772171688_thumb.jpg

So, after "4-5 years", does it simply fade away, or does it crack and peal like CWF? Will we need to strip a house/shutter in order to re-apply?

Restora won't peel away, but will slowly lose it's luster. After 4-5 years it can just be reapplied (after prep, of course).

There's lots of discussion on whether it does or doesn't make sense for some contractors. That's great feedback, and the truth is that it isn't for everyone (just like gutter scrubbing or window cleaning). Some guys don't want to hassle with ladders, which is understandable, but pros that don't mind have been successful with Restora. I'm not familiar with the wax that is sprayed on shutters to make them look new, but I can tell you that Restora on shutters has superior long-term performance. Again, it just depends on your business model. It's good for the industry to have options!

Restora won't peel away, but will slowly lose it's luster. After 4-5 years it can just be reapplied (after prep, of course).

OK, what do you consider "prep"? Is it the same "prep" for reapplying CWF? (I hate to sound negative, but your company's product CWF has a certain reputation.)

OK, what do you consider "prep"? Is it the same "prep" for reapplying CWF? (I hate to sound negative, but your company's product CWF has a certain reputation.)

John - I'll send you an e-mail and attach the product specification sheets.