Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Restora

Question

I recieved a sample package today from a group called Flood.

The product they sent me was called Restora.

http://www.flood.com/flood/

I never asked for the kit. They are just doing some pricey soliciting I guess.

The product claims to revitalize vinyl and shutters. They claim it will be a great add on to upsell onsight.

I have had great success with carnuba ( for vinyl) through the xjet. Lots of shine.

BUT..... here's what got me..... They offer a lifetime garauntee on the product and could very well be a great upsell. They only offer %'s of profits with out actually giving you a measurment to go by. Probably because of different areas economies. So I do not know what an application with a lifetime garauntee would cost on top of my resi and commercial washes.

Anyone ever use this? Is it a good product worth the investment and the upsell? Most vinyl resi are not in upper tier areas 200K and below. So most already don't want to part with what $ they have. It's like pulling teeth.

Am thinking about any business extention I can add when I move to the Lone Star next month. And this seems to be doable.

??????

80 answers to this question

Adrian I have taken a few trips to Flood with 11 contractors and some are just doing the shutters some the entire building . It is easy to apply and it really does work . Shutter jobs are an easy upsell entire houses are not . People where told they would never have to do anything with their vynal. But this stuff really does work and they will help you out if you need it . Give me a call if I can be of any help at all .

ACR is a vendor for them I think. You know the people hosting that roundtable tomorrow.If your screen is like mine there is a FLOOD banner ad under the chatbox on the forums page.It has their name and number for info.

I hear they are super people.Please share what they say, as I was interested in that also.

Scott

I guess I will try it on my own shutters first. Seems like a good point to up sell the shutters vs. entire house. I am getting an extra 40.00 with carnuba on the house and that seems pretty painless for the customer. But, I am sure I can upsell shutters. I'll give it a shot.

I called and inquired and recieved a free sample of the low luster and semi gloss kits for shutters. An upsell I will be sure to be offering once I try the product. I am trying to find an old faded shutter that I can I use as an example board with both finishes and untreated for comparison. Flood also told me they will be the round table for more info. They are also compiling a list of interested contractors and will be doing regional training for those interested.

I was told by flood that they marketed to Home Depot and then took it off their shelves very quickley when they realized that it should be contractor applied product.

I was told by flood that they marketed to Home Depot and then took it off their shelves very quickley when they realized that it should be contractor applied product.

On their web site they have all of the products listed under "Do It Yourself- Restora" except one. They list their concentrated vinyl cleaner as for professional use only.

MSDS for the Do It Yourself cleaner lists Sodium Carbonate Soda Ash, Ethyl Alcohol Ethanol, Sodium Metasilicate Pentahydrate Sodium Silicate.

MSDS for The professional cleaner lists Sodium Hydroxide Caustic Soda only.

Mike

I had asked them about that and they said the site wasn't updated yet. It was planned to be sold as a diy but had the change of plans. Hopefully we can confirm this at the round table saturday. I will not offer a product or service they can go buy at home depot.

I had asked them about that and they said the site wasn't updated yet. It was planned to be sold as a diy but had the change of plans. Hopefully we can confirm this at the round table saturday. I will not offer a product or service they can go buy at home depot.

Please post here what you find out at the RT on Saturday.

Thanks,

Mike

Interesting, had thought about trying this stuff. Wonder how they got their mailing list. Must be doing business license searches or something.

Nice to hear the Restora is making the NEWS. We have been using the product for a few years now. The semi is for Shutters, Lo Luster for siding. The Quick of it. Clean the vinyl completly. We prefer their cleaner. Allow to dry. Apply Restora. We prefer Brush and roll vs. Spray. Very nice and well worth the $$. We have a few homes planned early Spring already. We could only complete three this year. Due to late start. I would highly recommend trying Restora in your area. Spread the good word. If I might answer any questions Please feel free to ask. Thank You.

As the Flood Co. Product Manager, I appreciate the interest in Restora. We have sent out Restora samples to many pressure washing professionals to introduce what we believe is a good business opportunity for those interested. A Restora shutter restoration job can be a great upsell on many house washing jobs, and is a strong value proposition for homeowners vs. alternatives (replacement and painting). Since pressure washing pros are experts on surface preparation, this can be a natural add-on. It's also a nice segue into vinyl siding restoration if the opportunity presents itself.

Tom has been through training and is correct in saying that it is easy to apply (similar to painting, but much more forgiving and can be applied in 1/2 the time, with very little setup/cleanup time). The key is showing homeowners how it can transform the color of the shutters, which refreshes the entire look of the house after a quality house washing. Just a small demo on a corner of a shutter can do it.

While a few hardware stores stock Restora as a DIY solution, we do believe that contractor application makes the best sense. Our NE region Field Rep., Damian Mauro, and our Pro Product Trainer, Bill Gradisher, will be in attendance at the ACR Roundtable this weekend. They are both great guys and can answer all your questions on Restora, and any other Flood products.

If you didn't receive a Restora sample and would like one, please send me an e-mail with your company name and shipping address, and I'll send it out next week. My e-mail address is jtrenta@flood.com. Also, I can answer any other detailed questions you may have.

Thanks,

John Trenta

Hi John,

Welcome to the board.

Atlanta will be having a round table on Dec 2 2006 ( 90% confirmed still need location). Would you or one of your reps be able to attend? I'm sure that it would be well worth your time and investment as many of the Ga. contractors have expressed an interest in your product. I myself can hardly wait to try the sample pack you sent. By the way, thanks for that as well. It seems like a great product to upsell onsight. Please consider the ATL Round Table. Philip Doolittle has assumed control of the logistics and planning for the RT. He is on this forum quit often. Again, thanks for the sample.

Adrian - We do have a Field Sales Rep. that works in the Atlanta area that may be able to attend. I may be able to come down as well, or one of our Pro Product Trainers. We'd be glad to participate, and I'll get it onto our schedule. We'll keep in touch.

Thanks,

John

I'll be emailing as well.I have read the info on the FLOOD website numerous times about the Restora and see a niche that can be cut out in my market with the product.We see hundreds of faded shutters every year that can benefit from this product.

I was contacted because I filled out a product card in Cleaner Times.

I was planning on attending the training in Orlando in January but it was rescheduled. I guess there's going to be one closer.

Still waiting for my box....

Hey John,

I did a wash this summer after which I applied the low lustre to the shutters grattis. It was too dull. My bad. But the homeowner was pleased, and it was easy to see the upsell.

The kit comes with a Sodium Hydroxide solution for cleaning. I use a complex mix of chems for cleaning, including a couple degreasers. While I don't know what your engineers want to do with the S. Hydroxide, I believe that I've cleaned the shutter pretty good with my housewash. So, I don't want to buy the cleaner, or the brush. I would like to buy quarts.

The retailer I purchased the kit from charged me a price that I feel is pretty expensive. These guys are Custom Colors in Wilmington. Good outfit, no gripes with them. Why is Restora priced higher than the highest priced paint?