Sign in to follow this  
doublejager2000

in 20 years

Question

in 20 years what do what would you like to be doing? im 29 turning 30 monday. i guess its just sinking in but im thinking alot about where im going to be and what i have done with my life in 20 years from now. i guess im setting my goals. i have never done that, i always been one who lives for now and and lives life to its fullest even if work seems to get in the way.i have done the math and thinking about it for about 2 months my "wish/goal' is it own a sail boat and cruising with my girl.spending time in the keys ,Bahamas, and skirting the coast over to mexico. "the jimmy buffet life" my dream whats yours?

9 answers to this question

I partied for many years of my life and for many years I had a ton of fun, been all over the country and met great people. Have some fun, then get to biz for a while and make the money now so you can retire early and have what you want & need in life.

My dream is to have a million $$$$ business and have someone I can trust to help run it when I want to take trips with my family. I want my children to grow up safe & happy and to see this beautiful country of ours

Its amazing how you change when you have kids, it used to be all about me , now its what can I do to so my children & wife have a happy safe life. You need money to do things in life so if I was you, Id have some fun then set some goals to help you be financially free.

30 years old, I started thinking about stuff when I turned 40, Do it at 30 and you'll have plenty of time to do what you want. Im not saying all work & no play, but you have to work or invest to earn a satisfying way of life

Good luck & Happy B Day

I want to travel this country in a nice motor coach for about a year , thats just one of my dreams

JL

In 20 years I will be 47 and retired for 6 years already. With my pension I am working towards plus my weekly investments between my wife and myself, we should be set. Our house will be paid off and ready to live. I agree with Jeff, don't wait til your 40 to do something, do it now if you can. When I retire, I plan on traveling more than the 3 times per year I do now and be a member at a country club where I am hopefully the youngest one there.

I will be watching my girls go through college making me proud and watching them trun into amazing adults. Grandchildren better not be for 30 more years.

lmao bill.my girl said she likes older men but she has to draw the line someplace ;) im not saying all work and no play but i do need to slow up a bit. if i stoped having fun i think my mind would be gone in 20 years and some guys would have a nice white jacket and a room with padded walls for me.

You're a smart guy to start thinking twenty years out like you are. Writing your goals out, and thinking about them a bit makes reaching them much more likely.

(A vision + a plan) x discipline = whatever you want.