Sign in to follow this  
suzuki98

Question about equipment

I'm interested in a power washer from a company called EnviroSpec. The particular model I'm looking at is a cool drive pw'er that suppose to keep the pump 25% cooler etc,etc... Im wondering if anyone has one of these power washers. Could you please let me know how you like it. The link is here ----> http://www.bepressure.com/CD-4013HWBSCOMA.pdf

3.5 gpm is useless. Buy a 5.5 at least.

Jarrod, you make me laugh with your 8gpm. I'll be there someday soon.

Suzuki, I have a BE waher 4gpm bought it locally. It's not the cool drive but it's a belt driven, 13hp Honda, and Gereral pump. I've used it for two years now and haven't had a problem.

Just to let you know, you better fill out your sig before you get an infraction:)

Barry, I had a 4.0 for two years before I got a 5.5. No looking back for me. If I could make one recommendation to a newbie it would be to get a 5.5 (or better) machine. If you plan on doing this more than one job a week, it will pay for itself pretty fast.

Barry, I had a 4.0 for two years before I got a 5.5. No looking back for me. If I could make one recommendation to a newbie it would be to get a 5.5 (or better) machine. If you plan on doing this more than one job a week, it will pay for itself pretty fast.

I agree with that. I wasn't insinuating that he get a 4gpm I was just saying the BE I have has been trouble free. I call it "The Honey Maker" get it? Instead of the money maker cause it's a BE, okay forget it.

I probably would still get a 4gpm belt driven if I had to start over because that was all I could afford when starting, actually I was going to get a direct drive but opted for a belt driven after researching on this board. But for my next machine (coming soon) I'm jumping straight to something much bigger, like an 8gpm.

Anybody wash houses with 8 gpm.Are there any extra precautions (windows).Is downstreaming out of the question (dilution).Is it hard on your wrists.Sorry for the high jack.I have a 4 gpm and a 5.5 hot and love them both.

Anybody wash houses with 8 gpm.Are there any extra precautions (windows).Is downstreaming out of the question (dilution).Is it hard on your wrists.Sorry for the high jack.I have a 4 gpm and a 5.5 hot and love them both.

Dustin, you can downstream with 8-10gpm with the General 5-8gpm 20% Hi-Draw injector. It is more diluted so you have to increase your chemical strength.

You can run both your 4gpm & 5.5gpm machines together to make 9.5gpm. You will need to adjust your nozzles. 0050 or 0060 will draw chemical with 9.5gpm. For high pressure get 15090 and 25090 nozzles and hang on! It will damn near knock you down, LOL!

I recently put three new 3.5gpm nozzles on my concrete cleaner and run both of my 5.0gpm & 5.5gpm machines together on it to make a 10.5gpm washer!

It is AWESOME! It cleans twice as fast. It almosts lifts off the ground like a helicopter it's so strong!

If you already have two smaller machines, you don't need to buy a big one. Just hook them together.

Only reason I can think of is money. Anything larger than 10gpm and you'll need a larger tank, with a bigger truck or trailer to carry the extra weight which costs more money.

I have heard guys carrying 500 gallon tanks and larger breaking the axles on their trailers or disconnecting them from their trucks from the massive weight! Better to go with a flatbed or box truck if you want to carry that much weight.

If you are going to do residential work with an 8 GPM machine you may run into a problem with supply water. If they are hooked into city water you should be ok. If they have a well you could run into a problem.

If you are going to do residential work with an 8 GPM machine you may run into a problem with supply water. If they are hooked into city water you should be ok. If they have a well you could run into a problem.

VERY RARE!!!!!!!!!!

VERY RARE!!!!!!!!!!

I would be very careful trying to run a 8 gpm machine off a water hose. The pumps aren't cheap. You might get lucky at a commercial job imho I wouldn't chance it. my .02 worthicon7.gif

Yes, I use a 360 gallon tank. Anyone with an 8gpm unit should always use at least a 50 - 100 gallon tank. I did not mention that in my earlier post b/c I thought that was common knowledge. Sorry, I should have mentioned that. Thanx for pointing that out.

If you already have two smaller machines, you don't need to buy a big one. Just hook them together.

Only reason I can think of is money. Anything larger than 10gpm and you'll need a larger tank, with a bigger truck or trailer to carry the extra weight which costs more money.

I have heard guys carrying 500 gallon tanks and larger breaking the axles on their trailers or disconnecting them from their trucks from the massive weight! Better to go with a flatbed or box truck if you want to carry that much weight.

Curious, I have ahd a minimum of 450 gallons on each of my rigs for about 10 years now. I have never once broken an axle, or had the trailer become disconnected. I do have pay attention to the spring hanagrs, because they will wear over time, and when I ran 7000 lb trailers I broke a spring or two, but never an axle.

We've pulled a 325 gallon full plus 2 25 gallon chem tanks....guess a dual axle helps? With that said, we run a 9.6 gallon machine with a 225 gallon tank on our 2nd trailer - rarely have to wait for water.

Celeste