Sign in to follow this  
RyanH

I need to take a chill pill

Question

While mopping the floors tonight I overheard some television game show. The contestant was asked something along the lines of "How many 6-packs would you need to have 99 bottles of beer on the wall? Exactly 15, more than 15, or less than 15?"

Well, the dumba$$ said something like "I don't drink beer, so I really don't know. I need to ask the audience."

I s**t you not, 2 others said the same friggin thing! Now, I'm not a smart guy, but my immediate thought was "how close to 99 is 6 x15?" Well, some dumba$$ said that 16 x 6 was 93, and that was still less than 99, so you must need more than 15...final answer. Hmmm.....6 x 16...I thought it was 96. Oh well, atleast his logic was there.

These people are friggin adults and they can't do simple reasoning? Welcome to "Idiot America." To their credit, however, they did know who Matthew Broderick was married to and what they both starred in. Christ on a stick, give me a break. Going to take a pill and resume resurfacing my project antique bed....

7 answers to this question

How about the maxim model that got it wrong and said the reason was she didnt drink beer she only drinks red wine that is why she did not know how many 6 packs in 99 bottles of beer

You guys aren't alone.I mean really I never finished my college degree,but I have enough common sense to to do quick arithmetic.

The wife is constantly amazed by the vast amounts of useless trivia type knowledge trapped in my head.

I call it the Dumbing of America, its sad

I had little education and I have a lot more common sense & knowledge than many coming out of colleges today

I worry for my children, they are and will continue to be smart. but everyone around them is what I worry about:lgbonk: :bullistic

Its shows like this :irritated(Southpark, 24/7 cartoons etc) that are ruining our kids

Oh well time to go drink 99 bottles of beer

Its shows like this :irritated(Southpark, 24/7 cartoons etc) that are ruining our kids

Jeff,

I like you alot, but c'mon guy, South Park is one of the last saving graces on television. Sure, it is crude and demeans just about every person of every background on the planet, but when it comes to social criticisms they get it right on everytime. I'd say Parker and Stone are comedic geniuses and have a better grasp on the flaws in society than the pious media and hollywood's professional pretenders. American Idol, Deal or No Deal (just flat out probability people!!!), Entertainment Tonight, etc. THOSE shows are runining our adults and kids. Of course, one of my guilty pleasures was oogling Stacy Keebler on Dances with the Stars awhile back.....

While mopping the floors tonight I overheard some television game show. The contestant was asked something along the lines of "How many 6-packs would you need to have 99 bottles of beer on the wall? Exactly 15, more than 15, or less than 15?"

Well, the dumba$$ said something like "I don't drink beer, so I really don't know. I need to ask the audience."

I s**t you not, 2 others said the same friggin thing! Now, I'm not a smart guy, but my immediate thought was "how close to 99 is 6 x15?" Well, some dumba$$ said that 16 x 6 was 93, and that was still less than 99, so you must need more than 15...final answer. Hmmm.....6 x 16...I thought it was 96. Oh well, atleast his logic was there.

These people are friggin adults and they can't do simple reasoning? Welcome to "Idiot America." To their credit, however, they did know who Matthew Broderick was married to and what they both starred in. Christ on a stick, give me a break. Going to take a pill and resume resurfacing my project antique bed....

Look at all the prime-time "game" shows that are popping up...they're stupid, they require no real intelligence, and even the ones that require "knowledge" have questions about relatively stupid topics. The days of Jeopardy and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire are gone...

I think it's a trick question. 99 bottles can never adhere to a wall without a proper adhesive.... Perhaps the answer is zero. Now as for the bottles of beer on the floor, thats another story which depends on the beer drinkers ambition. He could have been throwing them against the wall for days hoping one would stick. Therefor it would take at least 15-6packs to break and fall to the floor to at least make it above the baseboard. The answer is obviously >15.

Siligistly speaking of course.