Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

PM Letter

Here's a letter I've sent in the past. I havent used this one in a while I just found it , but I'll be sending it out again this month. I dont think I ever posted this one before????

I figured it might give you some ideas for you guys going after PM work, its not the greastest but not bad and it works. Use if you want

Good luck evetryone I hope you all are working hard at getting the work. The more they see your name the BETTER

JL

letter to propmanagers.doc

Thanks Jeff.

I was just stuffing envelopes when I ran across this thread. You gave me some ideas and I rewrote my introduction letter.

I have 75 of these going out and I have my fingers crossed. 2007 will be my best year ever!!

Thank's jeff that's very helpful it's always nice to be able to see how others word things. Do you mind if we change a few things and use it.

There may be errors, my wife checks everything for the final draft

Do what you want with it, I just put it out there to give ideas.

Anybody else want to post letters please do , I could use some ideas

This is the letter that I use. I will be hand delivering a bunch more of them in a yellow filing folder with company name and phone number printed on the filing tab.

I used Jeffs advice and figured if they don't need our services right now they will at least file it away for future use if needed. They sure wont miss that yellow folder with the pre printed tab in red that is for sure :)

January 23, 2007

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please allow me introduce myself and my company as a potential vendor of services. My name is Jesse R. Kirchhoff owner of Handyman Solutions LLC and we are centrally located in Jefferson City, MO.

Handyman Solutions provides 24 Hour Emergency Service as well as a complete range of Interior & Exterior Maintenance, Repair & Installation Services for Commercial, Governmental and Residential properties.

Handyman Solutions leads the way in customer service by providing a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If at anytime after the completion of our services should you find a workmanship problem, adjustment issue or any thing you’re not quite satisfied with, contact us immediately. We will promptly respond to the issue and do our best to make the situation right with you.

Handyman Solutions has built an outstanding reputation on common sense, great value, and dependable service. You may rest assured that your staff will be treated with the utmost courtesy and respect while projects are completed in a timely fashion by Well-mannered, Uniformed and Skilled Technicians.

Due to busy schedules our clients often prefer contact our office through e-mail - sending the list of repairs and even pictures of problem areas to the office. I have found this to be an outstanding use of technology and it has worked extremely well for everyone involved. It is also a wonderful way to keep costs down and ensure that all decision makers in the loop.

We can provide professional references from many different sources such as; franchise restaurants, movie theaters, cell phone providers, doctor’s offices, commercial real estate investors, management firms, condominium associations, government agencies, cafeterias, lobbyist firms, realtors and many others at your request.

I have taken the liberty to enclose; a W-9 form, proof of insurance, business cards and a list of most requested services. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and I hope to be able to work with you very soon. At Handyman Solutions we will forever change the way you think about Handyman Services!

Respectfully,

Jesse R. Kirchhoff

Owner

Handyman Solutions LLC

Enclosures (5)

JRK

Jesse great latter and good way to get in the door

I'm no expert but can I give one idea to you. The 3rd paragraph mentions IF threre's any problem you'll fix it. Just a thought how about you drop it to the 4th or 5th paragraph. The way I look at it dont mention any problems so soon in yor letter. Im not saying drop the paragraph , just dont put it up so fast. Its good to let them know you'll handle any problems that can & do occur just bury it a little, the 1st few paragraphs let your company shine and then explain the real world stuff

I maybe wrong or it might not really matter at all, its just something I was thinking

I like the letter and all the other stuff, insur cert, references etc. Good luck to you

Do follow ups every once in a while and you'll get the work, I always have PM's asking if we do other maint stuff, you got that all covered which will help you a TON

Go for it

JL

Heres one that got me alot of work !!

Attn:Property managers:

Clean your filthy complexs, are you a bunch of animals or what !! If i have to look at that $hit on your roof another season i will have to report you to the PWNA and they will come out here and make you wish you had hired me.

Being the kind of company we are, I will let you off easy with a warning this time, and only charge you a small fine on top of the cleaning price.We suggest you contact all the managers in this area and fill them in on this problem.

Thank you and dont worry about calling us, we will come see you..

Regards

Vinnie Goombats

Jesse great latter and good way to get in the door

I'm no expert but can I give one idea to you. The 3rd paragraph mentions IF threre's any problem you'll fix it. Just a thought how about you drop it to the 4th or 5th paragraph. The way I look at it dont mention any problems so soon in yor letter. Im not saying drop the paragraph , just dont put it up so fast. Its good to let them know you'll handle any problems that can & do occur just bury it a little, the 1st few paragraphs let your company shine and then explain the real world stuff

I maybe wrong or it might not really matter at all, its just something I was thinking

I like the letter and all the other stuff, insur cert, references etc. Good luck to you

Do follow ups every once in a while and you'll get the work, I always have PM's asking if we do other maint stuff, you got that all covered which will help you a TON

Go for it

JL

Thanks Jeff I think you are right and will study on it some more. I use alot of your ideas in my guerrilla marketing and it has paid off in a big way.

Thanks again,

Jesse

and to think that i recently asked for suggestions wording a FREE 30 word ad in a local newspaper....??? (see post on "it's the copy') this is the stuff that makes us ALL prosper w/o assuming that others are plagerizing, stealing ideas or asking for hand-outs...

just because they didn't PAY for it, doesn't mean they aren't willing to share the beginning of what made their phone ring... or ring again...

we all have ideas of this same thing, just tailored to suit our own demo/biz needs & perception of our markets.... i'll be happy to share my estimate sheet my sister started for me & i added to on doc's/forms etc... thanks guys....