Sign in to follow this  
gregative

PW conching out

Recently my cold water machine is conching out when idling low. No biggie but I have to keep restarting. Any ideas as to what gives. Has oil & stuff. Could it be the sensor/relay that keeps it from overheating? Never had a problem for its first six months. Thanks for any advice.

choke not on, engine has been running. I'm not trying to use it when i've turned the machine down, i'm just moving from one spot to another in the truck yard without turning it off. maybe have it idling low for 3-4 minutes, when I pull up to the next rig the machine is off.

Is there a possibility of any leaks in your system (hose, coupler, gun, etc.) The reason I ask is when the pressure bleeds off, the unloader (pressure activated) will cycle. At low rpm's, the engine won't make enough power to peak it out again, and it will stall.

Russ can give you some help.The guy is a fountain of pressure washer repair knowledge.He has talked me through rewiring a burnt up harness and many other things.I have called him more times that I can count to seek advice and he always gives me the info I need to get things up and running.

I think I need to send him a 6 pack or something for all of the harassment he gets from me....lol.Russ I got a fuel pump locally everything is up and running like it should be.Thanks buddy,you rock.

I do have a couple of leaks after the unloader. Was kinda just letting them go for a bit. Didn't think about the pressure bleeding off at a low rpm. Will replace a couple of gaskets and see what happens. I'll post the results, thanks.

That's all it was! A couple gaskets later & a-OK. When I idled the machine low & driving around the truck yard the leaky gaskets would drop the pressure and when the pw tried to cycle up it stalled. Love simple repairs. This brought me to another problem. When checking the gaskets in the quick connects I had a hard time with a couple of them. It seems the bearings on the female side caused wear on the male side (flanged the metal) and could not get one quick connect apart. Had to replace. Any tips on separating a beat up quick-connect?

Ahhh! I can't spell but I can clean. Good to see some Floridians on here. Looking to speak w/ anyone who is into fleets down south.

Just having some fun at your expense Greg, it's all good natured though.

I have to go through my posts several times to correct my spelling errors.

Sorry, I don't do fleets, so can't help you there.