Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

It's been a while, Hello everyone

Question

Hi all,

Well after the rigors of relocation to the Lone Star, I'm up and running again. Legal and legit. Postcards are out, lead generator is running again and I'm about to run a tv ad on local community cable. Not like Waynes world or anything like that. Simply called the video mall. It targets my local suburbia with video classifieds and business admercials. It will be a contract for 1/2 yr. and the rate is equivelant to the metro newspaper monthly rate ( which I will nonetheless utilize as well.) It is a slow month generally speaking for most.

I'll be pushing alot less commercial downtown gunfest' like I had in ATL with a more targeted deck and resi / flatwork focus in my areas with upper tier clients and the golf course and lake crowd. I'll be in the C.O.C. in March and hopefully a member of the H.O.A. by then as well. It's good to see some old and new avatars on TGS. I felt like I was having withdrawal symptoms from not talking with "my buds".

Missing some of the beauty Georgia had to offer, but it sure feels good to be back home!!!!! Now I just need some business!!!! I know the cycles though.

Well, here's my question for the board........

Has anyone ever advertised on tv and did it pay for itself or did you profit, or was it a bust?

Great to chat with you all again......

I LOVE MY XJET

I LOVE MY DECKSTER

9 answers to this question

I was thinking about you the other day, wondering how the move went and such, and saw that you were on today. It is good to hear that all went well and that you are situated back home.

I haven't done any TV ads, so I can't help you there, sorry. I have thought of using the local ad roller, let us know how it pays off.

Glad to have you back and posting, we missed you, and glad to see your x-jet and Deckster aren't battling for your affection!;)

Now back to your question.

Hi Beth,

Glad to be back, (not settled and unpacked).

I figure, what the heck!!! might as well try it. Can't say if it works or not until then. But at my age it is alot better than hitting the bricks with five hundred fliers, like the "old days". The price is right!!!!! They garauntee that it will be seen for a minimum of 15 times a day.

Hi Scott,

cool to be back on board. Yea the move was bumpy, but we're no worse for the wear. I had xjets installed in my four barrell in the suburban, like Ken Fenner suggested and now I'm on the bid site before the customer hangs up. Seriously, for less than $500.00 = 6 months of exposure to my area= 15 times a day. It's a little more pricey if I run ads w/o contract.

Maybe I will do one month at regular rate as a pilot program and then do the 6 month contract. compared to the cost of fuel to start the beast...lol

Hey Adrian, good talking to you the other day. I'm glad you landed well on your way to expand your PW empire. Television ads work, if they didn't they wouldn't be any. BTW I got some nice feedback on a graffity removal demo at the local HS and they want me to go back and do more.

I remember reading about a large pw company that had to pull their commercial early because they could not keep up with the amount of business it got them.Whether this makes you feel good or bad I'll let you decide.Please let me know how it works out.

Rick that's the way to expand brother.

Great to talk to you as well. Keep up the great work and let me know if there is anything I can help with.