Sign in to follow this  
suzuki98

Tips on new business startup

I just received my brand new cold water pw (2500psi 5.6 gpm). I will be doing houses, sidewalks during my startup. I have NO experience pw'ing but I'm a firefighter and I know what to spray at what psi :) I would like to know what not to do while starting out. I'm sure all the pros here have a horror story, so please give me all imput.

Thanks!

The most important thing in PWing is useing the right chem. Get good chems and let them do the work for you. Talk to Bob from Pressure Tek, he's a great help and there are others on this BB, check the vendor section

Good luck

Always make sure your spray tips are snug in the quick connect. If not, it will shoot out like a bullet and take out a window or crack the vinyl.

My helpful TIP of the day.

Micheal,

Good point on the tips....luckily i have not damage anything yet. I try to always pull the trigger with the gun pointed away from the house but they are hard to find in the grass and fly further than you think.

purchase an xjet or an m5. It will save you alot of early start up headaches.

Leave the ladder on the trailer.

Read this bbs alot and soak up as much info as possible in the cleaning categories you are pursueing.

Also, like Jeff (the condo king) said........ learn your chems. Always have rinsing on your mind as well, or you will be replacing alot of flowers and such. Learn your machines capacities and limits. Get a surface cleaner as well, that is geared for your machine's output. That will save you time and make money for you. Or, go out and clean a driveway with your wand and then re- read my last statement.

Good luck, you are at the right place for info.

Don't:

Waste money on advertising that does not work

Use home brews

Do jobs without doing the proper research first

Buy every new toy out there

Do:

Read, read, read these and other bbs's

Use the search button at the top of the screen

Buy your chems from one of the vendors here. They are tried and true, and affordable!

Research all avenues of advertising b4 you spend a dime on it.

Go to a round table.

Find out what types of pwing that you want to do, and concentrate on being your best at that.

Well, that's a start.

I just received my brand new cold water pw (2500psi 5.6 gpm). I will be doing houses, sidewalks during my startup. I have NO experience pw'ing but I'm a firefighter and I know what to spray at what psi :) I would like to know what not to do while starting out. I'm sure all the pros here have a horror story, so please give me all imput.

Thanks!

Don, you are more than welcome to come up here & work with my crews for a day or 2. I promise that you'll learn a lot. I can;t be more than a few hours from you.