Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

Bookkeeping Service

Would you pay for a bookkeeping service that would come to your place of business?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for a bookkeeping service that would come to your place of business?

• Yes
    • No

My accountant now does my payroll cheap and does all my tax stuff, he will do all that and all my book keeping for biz for $350 a month. either this year or next I'll probably be handing it over to him or I might just kill myself LOL I still am looking for someone that can do it all a coule days a week, I just dont want someone in my house so i might make a little office in my warehoue. If I can find the time & space

I didn't even read past the poll question. I am an absolute YES!!! I hate the idea of having to take my "stuff" away from my desk, much less out of my office. I also like the idea of being able to hang over someone's shoulder to watch every little thing. Handing off something that I already don't understand would put me in the looney bin.

Celeste

So let me take this a set further, I might need a new poll.

Would you pay lets say a one time set up charge of 95.00 (this includes getting all you and your vendors set up on quickbooks) and agree to a 2 hour minimum at $55 per hour once a month?

Would you pay lets say a one time set up charge of 95.00 (this includes getting all you and your vendors set up on quickbooks) and agree to a 2 hour minimum at $55 per hour once a month?

You & your wife starting a new biz???

We have a C.P.A. do our taxes and a payroll service. The P.R. service helps to make sure all the right forms are filed and on time without the worry of an audit. Pay roll audits are much more common than full business audits.

Our C.P.A. helps us to work smarter and informs us of ways to operate in a tax beneficial way according to the current tax laws. It has been one of the best decisions to have a qualified and extremely experienced accountant to do the taxes.

The books we keep so we have a finger on the pulse at all times.

Rod!~

Without hesitation.

Celeste

I have the most expensive bookkeeper in the country. SHe demands Hawaii vacations, she only wants to do what she wants to do and I have to pay ALL of her expenses.

Of course, if you tell her I said this, I might have to sleep on the couch tonight.

In reality, if I needed to, I would gladly pay that money. I am not real fond of people knowing "my business" but sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and trust some people. What is just as important to me is having a great accountant that we can call with any stupid little question. I gotta take her on vacation a lot of time, with her 4 kids, but it works out because she is a family friend.

I do have a bookkeeper come in and do my books. She does payroll, billing, deposits and balances my checkbooks. She gets my taxes ready for the accountant, does depreciation schedules, the whole bit. She works for an accountant, who does not mind her part time work and gives her advice. Last year she was paid about $3,000, and she earned every nickel. She has a key to my Post Office box and my house. She has access to all of my financial info, she just cannot sign checks. She is the most valuable of all of my staff. I absolutly hate doing the books.