Sign in to follow this  
4running

Time for a new machine! want some input!

Hello-

I am looking to buy a new machine due to the fact that my old 110v Hotsy has been sold.

Would anyone reccomend one of these machines?NorthStar Electric Hot Water Pressure Washer 1015 PSI, 2 GPM, 120 Volt |Electric/Hot Water | Northern Tool + Equipment

I want a nice piece of equipent, but may not use this machine for more than a few minutes at a time once per week to clean dirty equipment or greasy engines. this is a machine for home use! Any ideas? I wouldnt mind a 220v and am open to a gas machine. I wouldnt mind finding a good used one.

Kyle, do not waste your money on that unit. I do warranty service for North Star here in Louisville. I have seen one of these three times for unrelated problems. After I fixed it the third time, the man put it on ebay. I can price you a decent 120 volt machine if you'd like.

4Running, are you ok? I see your town was hit by Tornados. The news shows alot of damage in your town. Good luck on the clean up! Hugh

4Running, are you ok? I see your town was hit by Tornados. The news shows alot of damage in your town. Good luck on the clean up! Hugh

Enterprise is a mess........ I am in MN right now, I guess my house is just fine. But I live maybe 1/2 a mile from that school that collapsed.

I call today Russ!

I too am authorized to repair Northern equipment. I have a customer that bought that same machine, had a problem with it the very first day. They told him to send it back and they sent him a new one, it would not work straight out of the box. He ended up buying a machine from me instead.

That is true Russ. He ended up coming up to our shop and looking over what we had in the showroom and decided on a lot bigger gas machine on wheels so he could use it on some of his jobsites easier. He repairs forklifts at local factories. He bought the bigger machine and now offers cleaning of the forklifts. I never would badmouth Northern, they have a lot of very good products and I have bought several things from them over the years, but they also have a lot of junk like this machine too. So you have to watch what you buy.

4running,

Research what you buy and if you don't have a local dealer (that you feel you can trust) buy from someone on this board, I don't think anyone on here will steer you wrong.

i like simple machines and to me that machine is not simple and does not use common parts, spend a little bit more money and buy a good machine. i can also quote you one if needed.

Thanks, Jeff

404-732-6550