Sign in to follow this  
Jarrod

Someone pleez run me over with a weed whacker!!!

Question

Last night, we were washing one of our new fleet accounts. This is our first week there. The trucks were not parked on time for us, the night Mgr. gave me the sob story, "I have to be out of here by 11 00. Is there a way you could just wash half tonight and half tomorrow?" I answered with a very firm "NO!" Then I pointed out to her that if HER people had the trucks parked on time I could get started sooner and finish sooner. I don't know how these people get these jobs. Anyways, we finally get started. Every time I let off the trigger, the belts would sound like a pack of hyenas. (They have been a bit squeeky for a week) I was in a hurry, so I checked the belts and they were tight so I kept washing and gritting my teeth. Then my float decides to start restricting my water to my fill tank. I then run out of water. (Not bone dry, but the pressure just started to flutter.)

I run to shut everything down. Since I now have time to better inspect my belt issue, I do so. I look at them again and as I ran my finger across tham, I find "black sludge) on them. Now I'm really confused! After further inspection, I see oil all over the base of my skid. After I crapped my pants, I checked my oil level and it was full. I had just changed my oil a few hours earlier.

I fired up the pw'er again and saw a very slow leak behind the oil filter. I had blown a gasket. Since it was so close to the belts, the suction from them sucked the little drops of oil right on the belts.

Now, remember, I'm a 7 day a week operation. I can't afford to be down at all.

Today, I arrange to have the problem fixed at a local repair shop. A friend comes to follow me there and give me a ride back. I open my rear shop (garage) door half way to let him in.

As I back my 15 ft. straight truck out CRUNCH! Yeah, you guessed it. I mangled my garage door!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So I call a door repair place to fix it. Thay tell me that they will, but I have to pay time and a half! GREAT!!!!

As I'm typing this, the engine repair shop calls to tell me that my pw'er is fixed and ready to go. YES!!!!!

Meanwhile, the door guy is on his way.

I need a hug!

11 answers to this question

I'm sending a man-hug. That's where you shake hands while your other hand kinda pats the poor guy's shoulder. Like a coach after you lose a match...or a limb...or a loved one. Or after every freakin' thing goes haywire for a day.

Sounds like you were the bug today, sorry to hear it. Be the windshield tomorrow, man!

:winkanim:

We still :heart: Jarrod!:kiss: :kiss: (From Mrs. Millen & TBA)

I AINT HUGGING YOU MAN, NO WAY!!!

Let me tell you about my day, today, Saturday . I'll get back to it in a few, what a PITA day I had too

Sorry Jarrod, you got my key to the exec's washroom and so (in the spirit of the soup nazi) no hug for you! ;)

You got some bad karma on you. Get rid of it man.

If it makes you feel any better, after you finish off those drinks Beth left ya, you won't care for a while.

Rod!~

I'll give you a hug, Jarrod...I'm not afraid.

I just got back from a two day very intense Men's Conference for our church's Florida District. I've been hugging men all weekend!!! And not any of those sissy one handed handshake-hugs either!

Don't ya just hate those kind of days.

About a month ago the starter on my bucket truck decides to burn up in my driveway. So I get my wife out to sit in the truck so I can tow it out of the way from my trailer that I need to use for a job. I tow the bucket truck to the end of my driveway then I tell my wife to step on the brakes. I unhook the rope then I give the truck a little push (Truck weighs 10,000lbs) to get it goin down my slightly down hill driveway. My wife forgets to step on the brake because the truck is going backwards so slow that she hits the deck and breaks the stairs and part of the deck. Then she gets out of the truck and says its my fault because I didn't tell her to stop. Just one of those kind of days.

Oh yea no hug from me either bro. I'm not into hugging men who aren't real close to me. Something about that just freaks me out..Here have a few of these:cheers: