Sign in to follow this  
suzuki98

X-jet

Question

22 answers to this question

A X-Jet injects the chemicals at the end of your wand therefore they never run through you gun or hoses. I feel they are the way to go for housewashing. You can wash a two story house from the ground with ease.

To me downstreaming is the way to go for housewashing. No need to "carry the bucket". With the right tips I can clean a 3 story house just as fast as with the X-jet probably faster. Since I have went to an 8.5 gpm machine, I have reached 4 stories when not real windy with a 4 ft. wand.

Now the x-jet does have its place. When you need very strong chemicals, it is good because the detergent gets diluted less with the x-jet than it does with a downstream injector. I x-jet when I am doing concrete. That is about the only time I use it.

For house washing (if you use 12%shc) a downstream injector will be faster. The General Pump injector is the best (by draw rate ) that I have found. If anybody knows of a better one out right now let me know.

To me downstreaming is the way to go for housewashing. No need to "carry the bucket". With the right tips I can clean a 3 story house just as fast as with the X-jet probably faster. Since I have went to an 8.5 gpm machine, I have reached 4 stories when not real windy with a 4 ft. wand.

Now the x-jet does have its place. When you need very strong chemicals, it is good because the detergent gets diluted less with the x-jet than it does with a downstream injector. I x-jet when I am doing concrete. That is about the only time I use it.

For house washing (if you use 12%shc) a downstream injector will be faster. The General Pump injector is the best (by draw rate ) that I have found. If anybody knows of a better one out right now let me know.

Just wondering how you can get a 3 story with a down stream?

With low pressure I wondering how you get it that high??

What is the right tip? 0 Degree? I have 7.5gpm.

You could probably shoot that high with a 0040 tip. Flow is what will get you there.

IMO Downstreaming on Vinyl is safer because it is a lower pressure wash. On other sturdier surfaces, like brick, Hardiboard etc. x-jet may be fine.

X-jets are useful for when you have bought a weak, watered down chem and need to get it on stronger.

I just oredered my M-5. Does anoyne out there use the prpoptotioning kit for it?

Most do not use the propotioners, mix what you need in the bucket & go

I love the Xjet for what I do, I put a ton of chem on quick and rinse quick

I use 0 degree tips. I have from 20 orfice to 60 orfice. I can shoot higher with them than with the x-jet.

You could probably shoot that high with a 0040 tip. Flow is what will get you there.

IMO Downstreaming on Vinyl is safer because it is a lower pressure wash. On other sturdier surfaces, like brick, Hardiboard etc. x-jet may be fine.

X-jets are useful for when you have bought a weak, watered down chem and need to get it on stronger.

LOL

That is very true. If you have quality chems you don't need the x-jet.

I only keep about 200 ft. of hose on the reels on my rigs. If I need more hose i quick connect an injector inline with the extra hose. We very rarely have to add hose with 200 ft.

Jeff, I am sure you prob. keep tons of hose on your reels with all the condos you do. I imagine downstreaming would not be the best bet for you. I just seemed to waste a lot of chemicals with it and didn't get the job done any faster, plus to me it is just easier to downstream

i like the proportioners as they are easy to pop on and off and give me an accurate idea of my mix. i use a trigger gun instead of putting it on the end of a wand as it's alot easier to handle that way. i've got a 7 gal water bucket that i modified to carry my chems in. you can get this bucket at walmart and it's already threaded for 3/4 npt for about 9 bucks. email me if you have any questions about it.

rando

i've got a 7 gal water bucket that i modified to carry my chems in. you can get this bucket at walmart and it's already threaded for 3/4 npt for about 9 bucks. email me if you have any questions about it.

Randy, where is this water bucket in Wal-Mart? I've been looking for a convenient way to haul my x-jet chems.... Thanks

I have used the proportioners but found two downsides to that. One is that, due to my own stupidity, I sometimes forget from job to job that I have one in there. The result is I dilute something I don't want to until my brain engages and I realize the proportioner is still in. The other is that when you pull the hose out of whatever you are using the chemical in the line is full strength. I once accidentally pulled the line out of a bucket of concrete cleaner with hydrochloric acid in it. Before I knew what I had done the hose was on a new driveway and the stuff that came out of the hose left a mark on the concrete. If I had already diluted the chem and not used the proportioner spills become much less of an issue.

LOL

Jeff, I am sure you prob. keep tons of hose on your reels with all the condos you do. I imagine downstreaming would not be the best bet for you. I just seemed to waste a lot of chemicals with it and didn't get the job done any faster, plus to me it is just easier to downstream

I dont doubt downstreaming is just as good or better in most instances, but like you said I have 350-500ft on my reels and downstreaming just wouldnt constantly work with that much hose day after day.I was told I'd probably be replacing downstreamers alot with the amount of hose & work we do. Plus I like using one tip for almost everything and it puts out the chem fast and rinses fast and thats what I like most.

I've seen many Xjet guys that do houses and they have changed to downstreaming. so like I said I dont doubt its a great way to go

JL

I use to use downstream and 2 things

1. I could never get one to last real long.

2. Could never get the right mix I was looking for, always seemed too weak.

How would you mix you chems?

How much soap and how much 12%?

concerning the walmart container...

it's actually a blue 7 gallon water container. it has a removeable valve on it so the cap is already threaded for 3/4 npt. i bought a couple of barb connectors (3/8 for the x-jet) and put one on each side of the cap. i cut off the filter end of the x-jet and hook up to the inside barb. plug the hose into the outside barb and you're ready to go. it's located in the camping section and even has a handle built into it. cost? around 9 bucks. don't thank me, bob at pressue tek shared this with me. but, if you insist on sending money...

rando

I'm curious about it as well. I've been down streaming, and it seems as though even when I have a pretty potent batch in the chem tank it's still to weak. I'm going to change my method, b/c my last job for some reason I had the correct amount of chem. applying from down streaming and the job was 3 x easier than normal... I need that consistently (not just every now and then) That stupid lil. suction ball thing in the down streamer always gets stuck and my chems don't come out right .... :(