Sign in to follow this  
Jhignutt

Sunbright Rip It and Britener

Question

Planning on using Sunbright Rip It and Britener this weekend on a deck and was wondering if i need to be careful with anything like vegetation, vinyl railing, vinyl siding, glass, gold kick plate at the bottom of doors, stamped colored concrete.

8 answers to this question

Always protect surrounding areas. I usually use 4mil plastic on house and rinse the vegetation before and after. I have had to cover some plants though. I did not wet down before hand to prevent burning. The customer let me know (many times) that he had a very expensive and rare rose bush, and that he had to dirve 350 miles to find the specifc hybrid. Also don't forget to protect yourself. SH does not feel good on your skin.

Sun Brite Supply was kind enough to send their new stripper, cleaner, and brightener / neutralizer for testing before they put it on the market.

Its well formulated but nothing unusual or groundbreaking. Just follow normal procedures. And Mike has some good tips.

SH based cleaners have no effect on vinyl siding or brick...other than cleaning them. I have rarely done more than pre-wet plants before stripping. I don't recall ever masking a house before stripping.

Gold kick plates? Or do you mean brass? I have not seen gold ones. In any case, watch the chems on metals....

Beth

If it is gold, no worries as gold is impervious to most chemicals. Avoid mercury though, as they will immediately combine to form a paste.