Sign in to follow this  
powertech

30" surface cleaner

Question

i have a 30" surface cleaner (mosmatic) with 3 spraying arms. it works well with my machine (8gpm 3000psi) if the surface is not too bad. i'm going to call the company to see if they have ideas for it to clean deeper. other wise i've gotta buy a smaller one. used a 17" ww classic. it worked great but it would hover without me pressing dowto keep it on the ground. any ideas on this problem or a good surface cleaner that works well with the machine i have. thanks.

9 answers to this question

Do you have the correct nozzles? I wonder how those with the 3 nozzles work anyway. If a surface cleaner that cleans with two cuts the PSI in half, does a surface cleaner with 3 cut the PSI down in thirds? If that's true, rather then 3000 PSI, you've got less then 1000 when you use your surface cleaner. 1000 PSI isn't hardly enough for concrete.

yes..it has to be sized for 3 tips worth of volume escaping. Experiment with 10 degree tip and adjust angle of tips so as to not be spinning excessively. Is a fine balance between how fast you want it to spin and how fast you want to walk.

There is a good thread about large surface cleaners ifyou do a search you should find it..

Do you have the correct nozzles? I wonder how those with the 3 nozzles work anyway. If a surface cleaner that cleans with two cuts the PSI in half, does a surface cleaner with 3 cut the PSI down in thirds? If that's true, rather then 3000 PSI, you've got less then 1000 when you use your surface cleaner. 1000 PSI isn't hardly enough for concrete.

You're thinking in reverse. You find the correct nozzle size by dividing the flow by the number of spray tips. Your goal (usually) is to keep the PSI constant.

You can assume that two outlets will divide flow, but not PSI. This is a common misapprehension. You could then decrease pressure by enlarging the orifice in each nozzle, as long as you use matching orifice sizes.

Hope this helps.

We run 24" ground force with the 4 tip single bar. With our 8 gpm you almost have to run to tiger stripe. If your looking for a surface cleaner try the ground force.

I would call them to see if you could get an adapter for a 2-nozzle spraybar or 2 spraybars. This would keep your gpm higher and do a better job. If Mosmatic does not have what you want, I would call Bob at PressureTek and talk to him about it. I am sure he can help and get what you need. I would change out parts before spending the money for another machine. I read somewhere that a company is making adapters to use their swivels in place of other brands that are very expensive. I just do not remember who.

I run a standard 2 nozzle surface cleaner. The previous owner of my business instructed me to use the surface cleaner with the injector in place to reduce the 'flying' of the cleaner. The more I thought about it I realized that I wanted it to run as fast as possible. I now run my surface cleaner on the shortest hose possible (50 or 100 foot usually) without the injector and then I place a small sledge on my deck with a little bungee but anything with weight will work. I can clean most surfaces at about the same speed as mowing grass. My machine is 8 gpm. I would be interested in the 4 nozzle cleaner mentioned in the thread.