Sign in to follow this  
sjpressurewashin

Two Tone Deck

Question

I recently had a request for a two tone deck and was wondering what everyone is using for there solid stain. I've done a few and have used Cabots, but was wondering if there was something more user friendly or something someone likes to use better than Cabots. Anyone have a suggestion?

michael

14 answers to this question

Michael,

I am "old school" and do not like to use anything but oil based stains on exterior wood.

Cabot makes solid oil decking stains, believe it is the 1600 or 7600 series of products, dependent on the area of the country.

Surface prep is key. 2 separate coatings gives maximum service life but imparts a sheen to the finish.

You almost can't mess anything up with Ready Seal. Recently i have been using Bakers Gray away. Also some pretty cool stuff to work with. Less odor actually for an oil based stain. i am starting to really lean in Bakers direction.

There's a little back brushing or padding required but what doesn't need that , right?

I love my Gibson es335 and so did Chet Atkins

I must not have downloaded correctly. Here are a couple more of the same deck. Thank You. I am not doing something right? Why doesn't the photos download?

MAB TimberStain - just cause I like the name :)

Works well and dries flat - usually a 1 coat application depending on the color. Flood and Cabot are both great as well albiet a bit more expensive.