Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

No hot water

Question

We were on a job today and when the hot water side of the machine went crazy.

It started with the burned not shutting off everytime the trigger was released or shutting off late.Then the water became seriously hot well above the 200 degrees it supposed to be.I had Angela remove the gun and open the ball valve and let the water run for a few minutes while I tried to figure out what was going on.As she was setting down the end of the hose a stream of black soot color water shot out for 2 or 3 seconds.

Now the burner won't fire off.

I replaced the reed switch late last year and that could be the cause,but I'm not sure.

We have a commercial flat work job to do tuesday so I need to get this figured out ASAP.

7 answers to this question

Scott when they get hot like that it get so hot it actually loosens the scale inside the coil. It could be any of the switches most likely the pressure or flow switch,or thermostat. I would bypass the switches until you find out which one it is. If I can help you can call me if you like.

would the high limt switch be hook into a T coming out of the burner to the hose reel?

Probably the high limit swich will look kind of like a plug with two wires running into it going into a fitting somewhere after the burner.

Answers

1. Check the fuel

2. Check the wire fittings on the Hi-limit switch and the pressure switch.

3. Change the hi-limit switch

4. Change the micro-switch in the pressure switch. I change both because at 1:00 AM, I do not have time to mess with the machine. I always set both changed out switches off to the side, because I am going to check them back at the shop. Of course I never do. If I still have the problem, I check the pin in the pressure switch. Sometimes it will wear and hang up, doing exactly what you describe. Then I change the whole pressure switch and toss the old switch, saving the old micro-switch.

It sounds like your problem is hte hi-limit switch.