Sign in to follow this  
troymclur

Olympic Stain

Question

33 answers to this question

I used the olympic honey gold this week and it looks great . A very natural color looks more like oak kitchen cabinets to my eyes. Customer loved the natural look. My camera is not very true on color or even focus but there is some pictures on my website under the olympic stain on nav. bar. DECK DOCTOR PRESSURE WASHING I got to sneak my wifes camera on a job because hers takes very accurate color shots!!!!

Great job Jeff. Good to see you are a masking pro. Definitely a plus!

Rod!~

I used the olympic honey gold this week and it looks great . A very natural color looks more like oak kitchen cabinets to my eyes. Customer loved the natural look. My camera is not very true on color or even focus but there is some pictures on my website under the olympic stain on nav. bar. DECK DOCTOR PRESSURE WASHING I got to sneak my wifes camera on a job because hers takes very accurate color shots!!!!

Like the site.. it is very cut to the chase and portfolio like. You won't mind if I simulate some of it right? :)

One thing I noticed I'd like to ask about: "Water sealing coats the wood by filling the exposed cells with parifin wax to repell water." .. Since your using waterbase products that can somewhat form a film aren't you really using curing resins in an emulsion to acheive the water repelling? The RS folks make note in there FAQ how parafin wax found in other offerings evaporate away after first hot sunlit day (they are likely refering to oil products I would imagine). If what your using doesn't really use parafin then why not talk up the permanance of what you are using? The resin could be a synthetic urethane and I would not doubt that people will love the word if that the case.. :)

help yourself Pictures tell all!! I EDITED THE SITE thanks for the info. I don't want to bore my customers with tech. talk though. customers love to see their deck on the site and tell their friends, co-workers and family about it. whallah, instant referrals!! I can post the pictures and watch the # of hits jump . This is my only add expence for the website

Squirted 3 decks with the Olympic Maximum Natural Cedar tone. Easy to work with, no lap marks, a little pricey but OH well, just charged accordingly. That setup of Shane's works like a charm.

Squirted 3 decks with the Olympic Maximum Natural Cedar tone. Easy to work with, no lap marks, a little pricey but OH well, just charged accordingly. That setup of Shane's works like a charm.

Aka-my current fence avitar...I hate working with sticky mess though via shurflow. Hvlp or airless would have been funner(if that is a word)..

help yourself Pictures tell all!! I EDITED THE SITE thanks for the info. I don't want to bore my customers with tech. talk though.

IMO, since you have a website, you could put in a short section of FAQ's to deposit the tech stuff... that is, as much of your trade secrets as you wanted to give to end clients!

r

all they need to know is my phone #!!! I won't even tell my brother-in-law what products I use to clean decks or staining techniques. It ticks him off but I say Coca-Cola has its secret formula , I have mine. I believe in letting pictures tell the story. Just look at Beth n Rods website. One of the best I've ever seen. Pictures , pictures, and oh yeah, more pictures.