Sign in to follow this  
Jarrod

Oopsy!

Question

I washed a house today and I got some if my house wash with bleach on the HO's asphalt driveway. It left a white stain on it. I rinsed, but it really didn't do much for the stain. The HO didn't say anything to me, but I want to find out how to remove the stain.

How do I avoid this in the future? By pre wetting?

17 answers to this question

Pre-wetting is standard procedure on all surfaces you do not want any adverse effects on. Once the stain is set you cannot remove it because the stain is a result of the asphalt coating being changed in the areas of the stain. The only way to repair it is to put down a coat of the black top driveway re-coating product usually found in any of your local box stores.

my .02

Rod!~

BTW, it's not the x-jet. No matter how you apply chems, there will be run-off.

Actually, I shot a nuke at the house to kill the mold. Boy did that really work. Problem - how much dirt does it take to fill in that pesky crator?

Actually, I shot a nuke at the house to kill the mold. Boy did that really work. Problem - how much dirt does it take to fill in that pesky crator?

How many mega tons was it?

Jarrod,

Don't know what the weather was like that day, but maybe the key is not just pre-wetting, but setting up a sprinkler on the driveway.... It's cheap to take a supply hose to another bib and attach a sprinkler so you are hitting the most vulnerable area of a surface while you work.... pre-wetting (to me) means keeping the water moving nut just wetting the surface. The reason is simple, moving water will run off with increasing dilution.

:cup:

Beth

Yes, there will be runoff but if I know Jarrod, the chems hitting the house are supercharged so he can be out of there in 20 minutes.

Ding ding ding we have a winner folks. So funny because you are right, Jrod and I were just chatting yesterday about his supercharged HW, he doesn't mess around and he admits it, that's why we love him.

How much do you want to bet that if Jrod ever started doing roofs he would somehow supercharge 12% to be 20% or stronger so he could do a roof in 20 minutes spraying it from the truck without even getting out : )

Actually, I found a new , faster method for house washing - Eat 15 hard boiled eggs and 1 lb. of brussels sprouts, wait 1 hour - then just drive by the house with the windows down, and the mold & dirt just falls right off!

For ranch homes - drive by at 10 mph.

For 2 story homes - drive by at 5 mph.

Jarrod. Better make sure there are no pets on the property and the homeowners are gone when you start that new method. I'd check to see if it killed any insects too. You clould advertise combination house wash / extermination treatments.