Sign in to follow this  
rj242

Suggestion on new PW?

Question

Hey Everyone,

I am strongly considering purchasing a new pressure washer, and would appreciate any suggestions. My PW at this time is a Honda / Cat pump 4000psi/3.5 rig on wheels. I mainly do residential cleaning jobs (vinly, brick, driveways, decks etc). The unit I have now is ok, but I feel like I could use a few more gpm to make the jobs go by faster (especially with spider webs). MY new machine will need wheels so that I can load it on and off the trailer (to be stored in garage). I would like to one day add heat to my rig, but can't afford that right now. I am thinking about a rig of maybe 5-6gpm / 3500-4000psi. I like the ones with the stainless steel carts, and 13" foam wheels, but haven't actually seen one.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated!

RJ

9 answers to this question

Hydrotek, either a 4.8 or 5.6 GPM.

The 5.6 is 3500psi. You can go up to 8 if you want more cleaning power. My first machine was the 4.6 on wheels.

post an ad in the bargain basement. that's what i did and got a great response. i ended up buying my hot water rig from john orr (grime scene member) and could not be any happier. luckily he was in a neighboring state and met me half way. i hope your luck is as good as mine was. and, it is a hydrotek.

rando

I have really been racking my brain over what unit to get. I don't really want to go over $5000.00, and would like a PORTABLE unit with 5gpm and hot water. It seems the portable hotwater units are usually 4gpm and direct drive pumps. I am leaning towards a belt drive pump. If I get a portable cold water unit, and a hot bot, then it seems I have to worry about charging problem with the hot box (12V). On a 115 hot box, can you just plug the box into a regular receptacle?

On the 115 hot box, yes you can plug it into a wall outlet or a generator.

You should be able to get a 5 gpm hot portable unit. Delco (board sponser) has 5gpm, 3000 psi, belt driven for about $4500, and I'm sure other do also.