Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

How Much Would You Pay For A Job?

Question

Let's say someone handed you a job. They already sold your expertise, commanded a nice dollar for the the job and customer wants to book with you or whomever is qualified and wants the lead. How much would you pay for that? Please be serious about your answer. You have no marketing expense, no time spent estimating, no sales call.. nothing. Everything is done for you.

6 answers to this question

Most lead services charge approx $11 for a maybe.

I think a guaranteed pay check would be worth more. $20 to $25 or a percentage of the invoiced total say maybe 20%.

I would say 10% of the invoice. That is based on a rough estimate that you need to spend at least 10% of whatever gross sales dollars you are shooting for on advertising. If I am getting guaranteed jobs without advertising then I could afford that.

Ken, They do everything, schedule, collection etc? We just pull up and do the work? If that's the case 20%-25%, with some parameters on job pricing, I mean like no $99 jobs.

I do something different with a buddy of mine who's a roofer (20 yrs in biz, $4mm a yr in sales). He adds to his ads, roof cleaning, and even did one roof cleaning only ad, in his co name. His office gets the call, I do the estimate, tell him how much I'd charge (my normal rates) he sells it for whatever he can over that and that's his end. Works great for us, he got his full page ad $ back in a week and a 1/2.

Let's say someone handed you a job. They already sold your expertise, commanded a nice dollar for the the job and customer wants to book with you or whomever is qualified and wants the lead. How much would you pay for that? Please be serious about your answer. You have no marketing expense, no time spent estimating, no sales call.. nothing. Everything is done for you.

For a non reoccurring one time job the salesmen usually gets 5-10%. If job is perticularly lucrative and salesmen really outdone theirselves then upto 20%.

If job is reoccurring and to be on a new contract that you must actually sell to client then 3-5% per time. This amount usually gets padded into the new contract amount and so not you, your salesmen, nor your client is shorted.(of service)

If job is reoccurring existing contracted job then company A can sell job to company B for some fair market value. Common is 3 to 6 times a monthly invoiced type job. (labor portion likely only apply in this field)

Leads, one timers, and routine work are all different animals. Salesmen make bank on reoccurring stuff

i give my employee a 5-10% bonus on leads he gets that I close. If I did not have to close them I would be willing to pay 15% of the invoice , that is if the invoice is over a specified amount say $250. Also I would have to be able to up sell that customer for additional work , and have them be able to contact me directly for my services needed in the future.

Not a bad idea something you're going to setup?