Sign in to follow this  
Tmrrptr

whatz this surf cleaner ?

I just stumbled across this surface cleaner while wishing and hoping I could afford a spiffy brand new steel eagle or such. Price was rite!

Not a clue what it is... will try to u/l pics... Pls help!

Bar is 16", 18" to outside of shield, Giant pistol, spinner says deublin?

Red steel flat top, black handles...

Now I can see why the workin folk reluctant to buy a used machine...

Abt 2-3hrs to get this cleaner operational... Lube wheelies, (axle & swivels), clean dirt from QC, penetrating oil to spinner, clean zerk, grease the zerk, apply H2o and ZIP... undo connections, flush gun, feed line, pull mismatched nozzles, (one 1503, one ?... each is a different configuration, a meg?, and a bigger one...), clear out nozzles while pierceing fingers w/ pin... hooked up to my baby 2500psi and now I got clean asphalt in the street!

What IS this thing ???? Is worth keeping?

r

...can't figure how to send the pics...hmmmm

If I not mistaken Deublin rotary unions are of the highest industrial quality flat out period...properly rated versions run up around $500 or more last I checked. I have their catalog if you need any info on the one you got..

another try at pics

...there's gotta be some way to trigger this machine to grab pics!

I guess I'm off again for the book of instruction.

MMI ... Thanks! I got the numbers wrote down around here somewhere

BTW, LOOK OUT! My kid just called from Sac on his way thru from Reno..

Busy kid. I hope he doesn't decide to get into the whaling industry while he's up that way..

Tuff...Thank you. I'd really like to figure out how to post pics here!

It shouldn't be too hard... There's gotta be a how to somewhere.

r

the paperclip won't work.. click, double click & right click won't work below on manage attachments... Hmmmm.

The pics were rather large and needed to be resized first. If you click on the POST REPLY button, and scroll down you will see a button that says MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. You then click that and browse your computer looking for the pics and then add them. It will tell you if they are to large.

Looks more homemade than anything, but could be a very early model Steel Eagle based on a few things.

post-12-137772179722_thumb.jpg

post-12-137772179725_thumb.jpg

Oh Gosh!

You guys are hard on a new guy!

Decks of the Mayflower, and donate to the Smithsonian...

The price was right, and I was able to get it operating in only a few hours...

I think it will pay for itself, in just a little time.

Actually I was looking for a gumbuster/gumzapper/gumwizard, whatever they are, when I ran into the seller. I've got some really bad sidewalks I could do, but they are demanding the gum be removed.

I told them I was just not prepared, yet, to guarantee even most gum removal. My 5.6g @ 2500 is cold, and I've seen where hot could do it.

Anyone got a gum machine for sale, or tips to build one?

r

BTW, my dinosaur does have a steel deck, handles, and rim, but it's NOT heavy. Probably somewhere between 20 - 30lbs.

What are YOU accustomed to ?