Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

Need opionion on audio

Question

15 answers to this question

Ron....unlike some other things, the audio thing is something I can perhaps help you with. I have a few video/audio compression software that can transcode anyway you like. I have Procoder which is generally accepted as the best professional/semi professional product a novice can get their grubby hands on.

Mpeg4 is what you want to end up with for video. It can be wrapped in a number of formats such as divx,xvid,dvr-ms,etc....

Video and audio compression formats and qualities are dependant on codecs that decode on a users computer....blablabla..

If you want something tweaked from master quality down to smaller web based formats just email me. :)

How much is the software? What is the name of the software? Will it take .AVI files and turn them into high quality files? What file format would that be? Can we send this file to a cell phone that is capable of recieving video?

Procoder is about $600 I thinks. Haven't checked if the version I have includes mobile formats of the mpeg4 level as it is fairly new format. Apple has a mobile mpeg4 format. Can't recall off top of head right now what they are called.. sorry. Could be same as the mpeg4 mobile format in my phone which is a.3gp

AVI is a microsoft wrapper.. is codec instructions..The transcoding softwares will read whatever it encapsulates and then produce a new type of wrapper containing the raw data. This is where quality can be lost. You want to go straight from your raw data to the mobile formats with best software ya can afford... If the raw is small enough you can shoot it my way and I'll balance the video quality to the audio with consideration to whatever filesize you want to end up with.

wmv or 3gp

Hey Ron,

Audio was pumped up just a little bit too much.

A tad over the top.

...wouldn't hurt to hear sound of the machine a bit, or motor in background...

But I REALLY LIKED.... (a pressure washer from Toronto, it said, dknoblau )

He had a ZZTop Under Pressure soundtrack... Yah!

r

do you think the audio is better on this?

Yes, the audio is way better, but part of that is that it is that the first sound like you recorded it in your office with a camcorder and the 2nd sounds like it was done in a studio by a professional speaker.

MIke, both are done by a mic in our office. We recently purchased some better equipment and working on audio.

we are using old video, our new stuff we will not post yet.

I will be posting educational stuff on *** of another site.

Thanks Mr Bryan, you have any new ones?

I thought maybe old ones like mine. I dont blame you if you dont have replacements. People steal stuff

I'l send you a final on the web site when its up.

Make up your mind Ronald, do you want old ones or new ones?

All my vids are intact on a secure server, no need to worry about anyone stealing them.