fireandrain

Wood Tux Vs. ReadySeal

ReadySeal OR Wood Tux ?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. ReadySeal OR Wood Tux ?

• Ready Seal
    • Wood Tux

Question

Searching through these threads, and I mean Ive been at it all day, I see a near split opinion spread on Ready Seal and Wood Tux. So lets lay it out, if you had to choose one over the other to use this summer, which would it be? IS it true that, with Tux, you can seal immediateley after pw'ing? If so, this may swing this guy's vote!

35 answers to this question

Rod, you said:

I've never been that bold to take advantage of a client that way.

I entirely disagree. You are using tarps to protect your customer's property. The balustrade method is advantageous to both. The customer's foliage is protected from NaOH and the tarps are cleaned. Those tarps will be again used to protect the customer's property when the wood is prepped and being stained. The water use cost of rinsing is negligible.

No different than using a customer's water supply when cleaning out a pump unit switching from a caustic to an acid. Or mixing your chems for that matter. All normal procedures.

I don't use tarps.

psst..old bed sheets? That's what I'm moving towards..that and paper/more cardboard...suppose on the right day I could get away with burning them in an outdoor drum with a screen on top. ahh probably not in town here anyways.. :)

psst..old bed sheets? That's what I'm moving towards..that and paper/more cardboard...suppose on the right day I could get away with burning them in an outdoor drum with a screen on top. ahh probably not in town here anyways.. :)

Interesting thought....

Beth

Delco reminded me.. "Also some contractors use old bed sheets where the climate is hot. They can be purchased for pennies on the dollar from uniform shops or linen companies. "

Some the grass mixes we got out here can go brown with plastic on them in less then an hour. Comes back after a coupe cuttings but looks like hell and the explaining it to customers is something I seek to avoid.

I can get by with one disposable 4x10 tarp (about $4.00) on a small residential deck. I also use big pieces of cardboard to mask, and they last for several decks. I usually get rid of them when the edges and corners begin get soft and out of shape. When that happens, you can accidently spray under or around them and onto the surface your trying to protect.

Tinting your own is not such a big deal...

We've done it the night before a job,

and, on the job when we had run short of product.

No Fear!

Do it!

r

Oops! Forgot myself... I fear the foam.

Searching through these threads, and I mean Ive been at it all day, I see a near split opinion spread on Ready Seal and Wood Tux. So lets lay it out, if you had to choose one over the other to use this summer, which would it be? IS it true that, with Tux, you can seal immediateley after pw'ing? If so, this may swing this guy's vote!

I put down 135 gallons of ready seal in the last 10 days. No back brushing, no customer complaints, lots of $$$. We did a cedar house, a large barn and a lot of decks. We got another pallet in today.

Tom D from JnT Mobile Wash came up to see how we did the house. I sent the guys ahead to do the spindles (He and I went to Cracker Barrell). We got on the job to do the house at about 2:00 and we were off the job at 5:00

I vote for RS,

Matt,

Holy smokes, 135 gals. of applied stain in 10 days? Hah!, Peirce is going to put you on his "A" list.

Thought we used a lot of RS, but never close to that much in so short a time. Of course, never stained a friggin' barn!