Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Truck washing chemical

I attend church with someone who works at a Trailer rental place and we got to talking today about their washing techniques (or the ones of the company that washes for them). He informed me that one person comes out there and washes by himself. He never touches the trailer with a brush and he is in there and out of there quick. This particular company has approx. 30 pcs. washed two times a month. The thing is, they are not the same pcs. One single pc may go months without getting washed, yet still one person and no brushes. I will call then tomorrow and see if I can find out what type of God send chemicals they are but in the mean time, does anyone possibly know what they are. I have catalogs from many different companies that all claim that their products remove all of the black smoke from trailers and no brushing is involved. Not only the trailer is cleaned, but the rails are spotless from the way he was talking. Please get back with me if you have or know of chemicals that really do this. Please dont give the run around that they do all this if they don't, all of the catalogs seem to do this already.

Not only am I looking for chemicals for the trailers, but chemicals for the tractors as well (I would assume they would be the same).

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Johnathon,

Two stepping can be very dangerous. Hydroflouric acid (HF) which is contained in many products, can be deadly.

It is imperitive that you work with a very reputable company when purchasing two step chems. You'll want to get MSDS sheets and understand them.

I don not think Extreme's offer to hook you up with a backyard chemist is a wise idea for you at this time.

Check with companies like: Delco, Etowah Chemical, Margin Distributors, or maybe even Envirospec. You can search and find their numbers on your own.

I am with a-plus on the two step, I would try the atlas which is sold by many distributers, I would think you would still have to brush to get all the bugs and grime off.Some other names would be Brown derby and red soap, all good soap.

Matt

I only 2step if the aluminum needs brightened or if there is a film on the trailers. Never brush. The secret to 2 stepping is the second chemical...the alkaline.....the ph has to be high enough to both neutralize the acid and remove the bugs. I've never considered myself a back yard chemist. I've been doing my own blending for 20 yrs. However why not contact bob at pressuretek and ask him for an acid followed by his 6136 alkaline. This should take care of it for y ou. As far as red soap and brown derby...didnt think either of those had enough kick.

Andy

2 stepping dose'nt have to be done with HF. HF work's the best but any high PH soap applied onto a acid with low PH will work.

Cirtic acid,phouspheric acid [his acid is in COKE THAT YOU DRINK]

You can check out www.eacochem.com for buffered acid wash's and im going to guess that he dose 2 step but he might just be useing BROWN DERBY[it has other name's] and is a sod. hyd. based soap.

HF is only as dangerous as you make it out to be.

A gun is not dangerous untill you put a bullit in it.

If it were not for HF i would'nt be in this buissness. I just could'nt make any money. $500 for 55 gal is not cheap. I deluite that 1 gal hf to 4 gal water and downstream at 10 to 1. Last's pretty long.

I had the owner of Eacochem come out and demonstrate some of his chemicals for me a coupel of years ago. He swore that he could get the Garbage trucks that I was washing clean. He demonstrated, was a horses rearend, and his chemicals did absolutely nothing to touch the truck. He even tried them straight, and I could get better results using hot water. Now, there might have been some changes in formulation since then, or he might have just been tired and not realized what he was using, but he got no results. That equals a no sale for me. What is more is that he would not even let me try some for myself before and after he could not get it to work.

Needless to say, I was not impressed.

Scott Stone

I dont 2 step I brush. The trucks I was washing at the time, mabey 2 stepping would work on 1 account only. Some truck you just have to scrub. Also i see it as more work to have to rinse a truck more than one time, to get the dirt off. then chems= more cost,less profit. Water is also an issure. I would fill up my tanks and wash. the less water used the less downtime filling up= more money. I still dont see the need to 2 step, other than alum. brightning. 2 guys scrubbing and one on gun is faster to me. But again Im a scrubbing machine