Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

My Phone stopped ringing

All year I have been booked 3 weeks out and all of sudden, BAM, just one week out and a huge decrease in calls.

I have noticed a lot of new people in the area by seeing their signs and ads, but don't see Them.

Maybe its the economy or just everyone finishin up the school year.

Who knows, just getting silly I guess. I have had a huge year compared to last and it seems like it just died, Maybe I am paranoid

Anyone else have a slow down.

Mine has slowed considerably too as it does every year midway through June. Now is the time when I start really advertising and get caught up on maintenace work with previous customers.

Pull out your customer list and start calling.

I was thinking of a summer special, but I just finished a spring specail and dont' want people to see thru my advertising as just gimicks. I remembered it slowed down last July, but last June here was good.

I just sent out a bunch of post cards, lets see what happens.

thanks.

Wow!

That's nearly unbelievable!

Permit to solicit in AZ ???

Last time I was over there, the fella I was talking to abt politics, out on the street, had an FN .380 tucked in back of his waistband and was kinda proudly showing it off to us from CA... Yeah, we have right to carry, says he...

But now I hear, NO right to solicit?

Say what you might, but a man has a right to seek honest work in a common

occupation. And if asking to clean ain't down to basics...

It's slow here in CA also, but we've been out there shakin' the bushes, and a few interesting things have come up...

r

I went driving in surrounding towns - and I don't see any activity anywhere in terms of painting. And I thought I was lacking work the last two seasons due to monsoons. It's got me nervous - hopefully my classified listing will bring some pressure cleaning jobs and soon!

All year I have been booked 3 weeks out and all of sudden, BAM, just one week out and a huge decrease in calls.

I have noticed a lot of new people in the area by seeing their signs and ads, but don't see Them.

Maybe its the economy or just everyone finishin up the school year.

Who knows, just getting silly I guess. I have had a huge year compared to last and it seems like it just died, Maybe I am paranoid

Anyone else have a slow down.

Welcome to the club, slow here and everyone else I've talked to has slowed also. It sucks man, in reality the resi work in my area is mid April to mid June and Sept, that's it 3 months. At least I'm a little more prepared than last year, I knew it was coming this time around. I'm currently searching hard for some bread and butter accounts because trying to make a living doing only resi isn't a smart move, not in my area anyway.

Things are pretty lite over here, too. So I set out on a new tour, myself...

And almost immediately came across a good sized place w bad flatwork and I went in to inquire.... No, we don't need that cleaned. We've been in a lawsuit with the concrete company. Starting next week abt 50k sq ft is coming out and will be re-done... Whew!

I'm going to check back during the project, because they won't shut down during the work and there's bound to be necessary cleaning work.

r

its agaist the law to solicit in most areas? at least in my city it is.

you can get permit to solicit. they are daily.

Yea I've heard they got some such thing round these parts too for at least the residential..doesn't apply to the act of dropping sales materials far as I understand it.

Applies to knocking on doors and actual meet and greet attempts.

This is my 7th year in business, and it is also my busiest. 2 and 3 houses/day. 6 and 7 days/week since early March. (Don't ask about Feb, but that is normal.) Decks, roofs, fences - all areas are up. Consistently booked 2 weeks ahead, sometimes 3. (I prefer no more than 1 or 1 1/2.) Phone book ad/coupon has really been working and I don't mind giving estimates over the phone. I expect things to calm-down later in July through early August (when we try to take vacation).

Still slow. Quantum mail is a little slow right now with the post cards. I always send one to my house or somoone I knw when I place an order to assess time frame, they are about 2 weeks out. I am hoping this last batch with the new post card Kieth designed for me will get the phone to ring. I finish up friday with all my scheduled work and thats it until the phone rings.