Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Rig 3

Question

Here's our newest set up. its got a lot of work these past couple months since we got it. Its got a 5.6 & an 8 GPM cold water on it. Its a good condo rig and I have plenty of room to add hotboxes when I want. 2 water supply lines with Hudson float values. I learned from my last 5.6 & 8 trailer rig that one water supply often isnt enough to keep up, thats why the 2 supply reels (one on each side)

Got the GMC at a real good price they had some nice rebates and I had it lettered right away. I'm pretty happy with everything and can't wait to see what the rest of 2007 will bring

The picture was taken at a complex we did about a month ago it was 191 units and with 2 trailers we did it in 5 or 6 days. with the 5.6 7 8 gpm we are just cruising through complexes

got to love the PW biz

Jeff

post-23-137772182981_thumb.jpg

post-23-137772182986_thumb.jpg

20 answers to this question

Real business looking rig Jeff.

...I keep thinking the truck wouldn't be set down so much at the rear if it said Ford on the front...

r

That is funny, I was thinking the same thing. Why is GMC making them so low to start with anyway?

Real business looking rig Jeff.

...I keep thinking the truck wouldn't be set down so much at the rear if it said Ford on the front...

r

I bought that truck with trailer suspension & heavy duty transmission and its only for that trailer rig, we dont ever carry water in the tank. I will be adding a spring to it. It sits fine but is low, I figure an added spring will bring it up. its a good strong truck and pulls nice

You are right thou my Ford 250 pulls my bigger trailers nice

Hey I love the whole chassis where the hose reels sit on, can you give a link to where I can get a setup like that! How big is that water tank?

Bob from Pressure Tek built the last rig, he just welded a frame and attached the 4 hose reels. I didn't want to use up floor space on the trailer so thats what we came up with. In between on the floor is a 50 gallon chem tank and I'll be have a tool box built in the frame. So I'll have 3 things in one area saving a lot of floor space

A good idea and a good welder can really help a stock trailer come together

I'll be adding a few more things to the new trailer when it slows down a little more. I will have some diamond plate added in front of the machines for protection

Water tank is 325 gallon

Looks great Jeff. I'll stay out of the GM, Ford, Dodge debate, why don't you add a sign to the ramp?

I have Dodge (just totalled), Ford, GMC trucks, Chevy SUV and a Mercury Marquis

You can see I'm not to loyal to a brand, Althou since I had a tranny go in the dodge at 70+K and I know of a couple others that had to replace trannies in Dodges early, I'd probably never buy another dodge , althou I love the looks of the dodges

Nice rig Jeff, those garden hose reels look big, how much hose do they hold? Have u though about moving ur gas tanks to a "bin" from the front of the wheel well to the front on the trailer.Something I am thinking about doing,

Nice rig Jeff, those garden hose reels look big, how much hose do they hold? Have u though about moving ur gas tanks to a "bin" from the front of the wheel well to the front on the trailer.Something I am thinking about doing,

The gas cans & tanks are temporary placement for now, my other trailer are set up with areas for fuel cans.

On my other open trailer you can see we added a frame to hold 3 cans on each side of the trailer in front of the wheel fenders, it sticks out slightly past width of wheel fenders. I like it set up like that and then the enclosed I had made a 2 level bin which holds 6 cans. I'll come up with something for the new rig, just havent put much thought into it yet.

I have 150' feed line on the reels and could hold another 100' i think

The pressure reels hold about 450 we have usually 400' on each

post-23-137772182992_thumb.jpg

post-23-137772182994_thumb.jpg

post-23-137772182998_thumb.jpg

Like GMC's but you are right about them riding low.

The newer 2007's with the new body style ride a little higher. I saw a GMC 2500 thats real sweet

Next year I want to buy a truck for me, not to pull a trailer. I almost dont want to wait. I want a 3/4ton 4x4 quad with some nice extras. I just keep saying I dont need it. If the rest of the year goes good, ...................... Maybe:)just maybe. It will be a ford or gm

The gas cans & tanks are temporary placement for now, my other trailer are set up with areas for fuel cans.

On my other open trailer you can see we added a frame to hold 3 cans on each side of the trailer in front of the wheel fenders, it sticks out slightly past width of wheel fenders. I like it set up like that and then the enclosed I had made a 2 level bin which holds 6 cans. I'll come up with something for the new rig, just havent put much thought into it yet.

I have 150' feed line on the reels and could hold another 100' i think

The pressure reels hold about 450 we have usually 400' on each

All that custom fabrication really makes a stock trailer look nice and be functional.

Jeff

As much gas as you probably go through, it would seem like all those can's would be a time consuming PITA. Have you ever thought about have a bulk tank on the trailer? You wouldn't have to make so many gas station trips if you had a 100 gallon tank on board or any size for that matter. You could have it wired to the trailer plug so it would be an electric pump just like at the gas station. You could put a pad lock on the nozzle and the fill lid so you don't get ripped off. Put a long feed hose on it and you could easily fill up your units. You could even pull your other rig's up next to that one and fill them up. Just a thought : )

Barry why go to all that trouble. Have a oversize tank made and feed it directly to your engines. If one engine is to far away to get fuel then insert an in tank fuel pump in the tank to get the fuel to the engine. Do that with all fuels used on trailer and it is a one time a day fuel stop and work the rest of the day. NO messing with fuels around hot engines or waisting time refueling on the job or worrying about the soap drying while refiling the usage tank.

A home made or custom tank can be any configuration and made to fit anywhere.

I was going to get one of the ones you put in your pick up with a pump, but most are for diesel and the gas ones cost and have some major regulations. Its not to bad filling, we make sure all the machines are filled at the end of a day and then in the morning we just roll up to the gas station and fill the can

I'd like to have a large tank , it would be nice

All that custom fabrication really makes a stock trailer look nice and be functional.

Thanks

I try to think of stuff to make it easy and have everything we need. we carry a lot of stuff and I always have extra of just about everything so there isn't much down time. All trailer or trucks have a couple hundred extra feet at least of pressure & water line, spare parts, surface cleaner, fire extinguishers, shovels, brooms, squeegee, plastic, different chems etc etc etc We carry a lot of s**t. But we get calls some days and I'll have a PM aswk can I get this or that NOW! We usually have what we need or you go to a job and we cant do it and I'll send them to other things, I like being prepared. we even carry 2 spare trailer tires on each (usually) I have had 2 tires go before and wasted a lot of time chasing around a tire(Lowes usualy has them in a pinch. I need more tool boxes and will figure them in on the new trailer

Some of the other fabrications are for equipment protection and may double for something else, like a ladder rack etc

Jeff