Sign in to follow this  
LCPW

Is this a good deal?? Help!

Question

Just wondering if this is a good deal, also if anyone has any additional questions I should maybe ask prior to purchasing. This guy wants $5500.00 for the washer and the trailer is leased at $200 a month with 4 years remaining ($9600.00) The total unit cost is $15,100.00 keep in mind this is Canadian. There are 2 small chemicals tanks and line but no reels. He bought the rig last year but recently took a new job offer and therefore is not able to wash anymore.

Complete Pressure Washing Trailer

Reply to: (see message body)

Date: 2007-06-25, 9:31AM

Complete Pressure Washing Trailer FOR SALE

*2006 Dynablast BFG Series washer featuring: (3000psi/4gal/min, burner heats up to 210 F) 330 hours on machine.

*550 gallon tank, *various nozzles & wands

*200ft ΒΌ inch pressure wash hose, *170ft 3/8 inch pressure wash hose

Mounted in a 2006 Trailblazer 7x14 ft trailer w/ 2-5200lb axles

Contacts available looking for someone to wash for them!

Unit is ready to go!

16 answers to this question

Its enclosed, I'm not getting into the business, but I am expanding. For the last 4 years I have had 3 part time guys with a cold water washer rig mainly doing residential houses for the painter contracts I have.

The trailer in question, is not vented through the roof and there are essentially no accesories with it. The unloader is not hooked back to the tank, basicly its just the washer and the trailer.

This seems like the asking price is a bit high

You can build brand new, equipped the way you want for around that. I have two closed trailers. The dollar doesn't play as an issue any more. You can get most of your stuff from our neighbours to the south, shipped to your door cheaper than you can get it from your regular suppliers. I'm a loyal guy who in most cases will pay a little more to deal locally. It's way cheaper to buy direct from some of the vendors here on TGS. You'll save loads of $$$$$.

That really sounds like a lot of money for what you're getting. On top of the high price it's been used 330 hours. You don't know how it was treated during those hours.

Eric

Walk away, and build yourself a set up. If you're not getting his "business' then it's not worth it. You can get NEW stuff for that price, maybe even cheaper

Thanks for the input everyone its appreciated.

What would be reasonable price to pay for somthing like this? I was thinking $10,500.00 - $12,000.00

Why have you not run?..run Forest run!!

2k-4k for trailer

2k-4k for washer

I wouldn't go more than 6k if I was very hard up. Seen better deals for 5k actually.

Well I"m in Calgary, Alberta and there are not as many suppliers of this type of equipment around here. Particularily used equipment. If I were to look at purchasing from the states I would have additional costs such as shipping, the import tax, duties, or the cost to go and get it, plus in addition I might make a trip just to find the equipment is not as advertised (broken burner coil etc..) This could easily make up an additional 1-2K. This is the only used one around, I have not problem driving to another province for testing or pickup but so far have not found one! I have found a used enclosed 20ft trailer (rated to 12,000 gvw) for $5,000 however I would still need a washer and then need to get it all mounted! Yikes!

this is the washer I was looking at for a new one but its going to cost me 8K

Karcher Commercial Website Karcher Cleaning Systems : Karcher Commercial Products

At this point if I could find a used one I would like to do that, I'm looking for somthing to get me into more of a commerical aspect as we've been washing houses for 5 years, with very few commercial jobs.

concrete...commercial work will see you doing many thousands of sq.ft. and often what goes unaccounted for in the planning is the rinse issues of having to move the dirty water from the area. For most part speed is gained via gpm/overall cleaning unit calculations. 3kpsi@5gpm is 15k cleaning units..3.5kpsi@6 is 21k units and so forth.

I have a 5 and wish it at least a 6.