Sign in to follow this  
jetstream1

What can 25,000 buy

Question

I have 25,000 to buy a new truck for work.I am working all the dealers in town

In 07 all the trucks start off in the 30,000 and up.I can get the a-z ford rate nice cut in price will get me xlt f-150 crew cab with 5.4 for 27,100, otd.

Found a gmc 2500 4x4 for 26,000. Or the new toyota for 35,000

25,000 just seems to be a low budget

61 answers to this question

Look, if a person thinks trading away $25,000 (which is hard to save up for most) for a vehicle that will depreciate 50% in three years is good business, there is nothing I can do to change that person's mind.

I do know it will depreciate I not once said it was good business

and 25 is hard to save up just look at all the o7 and how much they start off at I need a crew cab.If it was just me working I could get a-way with 5-10 k

Oh wife/3 kids I just can not get off cheap look at used trucks and how much they go for

Here is the deal. I don't consider myself a marketing guru, a master salesman or doing things that much better than the next successful guy. When I read condescending lines of "some guys just don't get it" or snide little asides from one man shows it raises the fur, ya know? Christine has been on my tail all day so being in a bad mood to start did not help things. At least the Eagles showed some life today, that cheered me up.

Jeff, don't take it as I don't think you run a successful business. You and I have different mentalities is all. This business is not very profitable compared to the effort and work outlay needed to make it something that earns real money. Now, I mean that in general. I'm not saying guys aren't making a decent living but someone show me a PW'ing company that can sell for $1,000,000 or even $500,000. In the entire country they can be counted on 10 fingers. How many of you taking quarter million $$ salaries? I'm cerainly not.

Jeff, you are also assuming I do not have the volume of work because I price higher. PressurePros has 88 full deck restorations, another 100 maintenance clean and stains, 175+ housewashes and 40 commercial building washes on the books as of this past Monday. Thats two crews running full time 5-6 days per week. It ain't about how much I MAKE, or what we get in the northeast, we have discussed that ad nauseum, its about the industry coming up as a whole.

Don, where you coming from? Do you show up to do estimates in your rig? I show up in a new car, dressed neatly in logo'd gear (or at the very least in a collared pullover shirt). I speak articulately, my vocabulary is good, I am educated, I know what I am doing and I enjoy people. Where would a new truck or rig sitting in a yard or shop benefit me??? I'M NOT ADVOCATING BUYING JUNK. Where did the translation go south? Used means pre-owned. A 2007 vehicle can be bought used at this point in the year. Depreciation occurs over three years. Already stated this but I guess you gleaned over it. I'm talking about a 2004 truck with low mileage.

See thats the problem..........Christine!!! make a stand, tell her who's boss and put her in her place. If that doesnt work I got an extra room..........But I'll have to ask my wife 1st LOL

Ken I know a several companies that do over $500,000+ and theres more I dont know about and I'm pretty sure I will do that in 2008, maybe 2009 and I'm a dumb a**

This biz is profitable! 88 deck, 100 maint, 175 houses two crews, 5-6 days. Man I could do that with one crew at 5 days a week and do a few roofs & a small complex. Want me to come up there and help you with time management and crew motivation LOL, Im just busting your B's....Oh I forgot so isnt Christine:lgbugeyes:lgbonk:

I just to much time on these BB's. Just stop talking bad about shiny rigs it gives me a complex

Who loves all you guys out here..............I Do, I argue like this with family too, its just plain fun

Dang, it has ben a really long time since I was called a newbie.

First things first

Don,. I think it is more important to me not to miss a days work than it is to DHL because I am more small time than they are, and they can afford to have multiple trucks for back ups, and that is what they do.

Plain painter, I have been in business 18 years, and do very well, thank you very much. It does not make any sense to have a back up if your vehicle breaks down. It is far more likely that an older vehicle will break down than a new one.

It is obvious our business models are different. I will continue to buy new vehicles, and get premium accounts due to professional appearance and being able to charge professional prices.

I do not like taking the risk on used vehicles. I can afford to not have to take that risk by buying new. Every used vehicle I have ever bought has ended up costing far more in lost work and repairs than if I had bought a new one.

I have run the numbers, and I have made a decision to have my company have a professional appearance. I even paint my trailers every couple of years and have them custom built because I prefer that image.

I do a constant analysis, and my profit margin is enough to make my accountant mad that he has a masters degree. It works for me. I guess it all depends on where you want to be, and the image you want to convey.

Dang, it has ben a really long time since I was called a newbie.

First things first

Don,. I think it is more important to me not to miss a days work than it is to DHL because I am more small time than they are, and they can afford to have multiple trucks for back ups, and that is what they do.

Plain painter, I have been in business 18 years, and do very well, thank you very much. It does not make any sense to have a back up if your vehicle breaks down. It is far more likely that an older vehicle will break down than a new one.

It is obvious our business models are different. I will continue to buy new vehicles, and get premium accounts due to professional appearance and being able to charge professional prices.

I do not like taking the risk on used vehicles. I can afford to not have to take that risk by buying new. Every used vehicle I have ever bought has ended up costing far more in lost work and repairs than if I had bought a new one.

I have run the numbers, and I have made a decision to have my company have a professional appearance. I even paint my trailers every couple of years and have them custom built because I prefer that image.

I do a constant analysis, and my profit margin is enough to make my accountant mad that he has a masters degree. It works for me. I guess it all depends on where you want to be, and the image you want to convey.

Newbie, 18 years, hell I must me an embryo.

Not to mention, guys, most dealerships wayyyyy overcharge for vehicles. There was this private dealership - more like a lot, that was selling new '07 GMC 3500 cargo vans - completely outfitted with shelving, and all the windows had the 'caging' to protect the glass from flying parts. And that was all for 18-19 g's. The next guy, without any shelving, nor the protected caging for the windows was up around 26 g's. Fine go ahead by a nice shiny new rig - but just know - there is an honest car salesman out there with one of those 'no-service' lots who will sell you the same thing for 8 grand cheaper.

Do your homework - those guys overcharge like the dickens.

Wow! This is a long thread!

What was that about an F-150 getting pushed out to middle of hiway by trailer?

...That was just driving too fast... all vehicles equal when brakes locked on ice!

I once had an articulated John Deere motorgrader chained up on all 6 sliding sideways down a hill on the ice... Scary to be helpless.

r