Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

strange problem

Question

I just got a call from someone that wants their brick building washed. Not beacuse it's very dirty but because of of too many spider webs. She said one side is covered with spider webs. Sounds a little Steven Kingish to me.

Anyways, does anyone know of a chemical that may dissolve these webs? I haven't looked at the building yet, I'll go tomorrow afternoon. Any ideas out there?

Thanks

Eric

7 answers to this question

Eric - I agree with Randy...regular house wash should loosen those up pretty easily and then it's easy to just rinse 'em off. Good luck.

- John

When we do gas station canopies we always take a damp rag on an extension pole and give it a quick wipe. Yes it's an extra step, but we've found it to actually save time in the long run. Not saying it'll work on this job without seeing it, just thought I'd mention it.

Ironic.

Part of a job I just bid on was a detached garage coved in little spider web pods. Haven't seen this anywhere to this degree. Piece of cake to clean, but the site of them was really awesome.

We just did 8, 3 story buildings, It was solid stain on rough sided clapboard and they had 3 levels of steps and clap. There was tons of spider web and then a ton of white pods in those stair areas. The webs no real problem. BUT Man those white pods just grabbed onto every rough piece of the clap. It was a major PITA and when it was wet, you really couldnt see them, but as it dried those little white pods were spread out about an inch or two long and were like darn spit balls. It added a least a few hours to the job.

As soon as I saw it was rough sided. I upped the price of the bid, I am glad I did

Man I like my vinyl jobs after one like that

Like everyone said a good house wash mix should do it. Take some pics

If the brick is rough use a broom to remove them. Once they get wet on a rough surface they stick and become a PITA to remove. You can broom them first and then wash if you want or need to. We have done jobs and cut our time in half just by brooming them off.