Sign in to follow this  
Lenny Schrec

Robot

I just looked at an electronic review about this thing...it said the battery takes 10-15 hours to charge...may be a very cool tool once the battery is perfected. I would love to see a commercial version that could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'...

If you really thought it was a viable tool, then just buy extra batteries. That long charge time is when run down completely, so if you were to charge between jobs and have an extra battery or two, then no problems, as long as it would hold up to heavy use.

Wow! That Irobot looks like lots of fun!

I could sell my violator, the RC-10s, the savage, duratrax, Mini-t's, and even some of the others... Go to work and play w Irobot and tell my wife I was working all day!

Now, if I can just get clients to pay for me to bring Irobot to their homes...

r

Problem with the batteries is that they are NiCad and unless you completely run them down, they develop a memory and shorten the charge life.

Buy several of the batteries and a few chargers and set em up in the vehicle with a power inverter to supply the continuous charging.

I hate doing gutters and the market has been low-balled to the point that one cannot make any money at it.

Rod!~

Rod!~

I can not believe that it would be anything more than a toy. It does not look like it does much of a job in the video. The company that is promoting it has done a great job in creating internet Buzz about it.

I can see how this is a good concept but by the time you set it up, clean up the mess and pull it out and take it to the next gutter I'm not sure that there will be too much time savings. We us the "Gutter Cleaner" Spoons on poles to pull all the debri to us and pull it out. saves a ton of time and clean up the mess as we move the ladder every twenty feet. Works well for us.

....Off to clean gutters on five houses today

I bought one from Buy.com for 30 dollars and it works very well. It's not perfect but it's worth 30 dollars. I figured that if it was junk i"d give it to my 4 year old son to play with.

Problem with the batteries is that they are NiCad and unless you completely run them down, they develop a memory and shorten the charge life.

Buy several of the batteries and a few chargers and set em up in the vehicle with a power inverter to supply the continuous charging.

I hate doing gutters and the market has been low-balled to the point that one cannot make any money at it.

Rod!~

Rod!~

gutter cleaning;Tell me bout the lowballers!!! ya have to reduce price to stay in the game n its gettin worse i think.... got into a lowballer war with 2 other companies in paper. tried this other advertising and same thing!!! GUTTERDOGS aint goin nowhere, its tough. verry tough. ya gotta get the work even if ya net half what ya used to, and still throw in somethin for free.

The Looj's weakness is the battery. However you can get NiMH 7.2 battery with a 4000 to 5000 mAh and a smart charger for about 35 bucks on Ebay. The Looj comes stock with a Nicad with about 2000 mAh (junk). Be sure you get a Tamiya connector.

I am a bit of an electronics and ham radio geek. Talk neardy to me.

Edited by Rick2
addition