Sign in to follow this  
John T

New Org start up cost and yearly membership fee?

At the ACR roundtable on Nov17-18th there is a potential of a new org starting up in the not so distant future from that roundtable. For all I know it could start right then and there and come running out of the box.

This is a two part Question:

1-How much Money would a new org need to get off the ground? I say not that much if you have enough dedicated volunteers to help out with the creating and running the org. By using some of these volunteers talents such as them making websites free of charge to help promote the org this can be a great starting point. If people want to donate cash along the way that will be great also....The Key here is the people who will volunteer there services for the betterment of the org.

2-What should the starting membership price be??Should it be high such as $350 or should it be in the range of $100 so more can join and help the org offer more for its members sooner then just collection $350 with no real benefits.

Be Creative and let your vision flow here:sunshine:

2-What should the starting membership price be??Should it be high such as $350 or should it be in the range of $100 so more can join and help the org offer more for its members sooner then just collection $350 with no real benefits.

Be Creative and let your vision flow here:sunshine:

My take on part 2 of your question John, is that a lower membership fee would draw more members, which could give the org a good early push. Not to mention the collective of info and experience early on from those members who joined soley on price. Still a plus.

... as for part one of your question, you really need volunteers that are dedicated to both our industry and their skills. Not to mention seeing past the startup itself.

Is it me - or do others find these constant posts about orgs to be boring? John - what the heck is so important about forming an organization, that you constantly post and post non-stop about it?

I haven't been on TGS lately until today, but I have noticed alot of the times I post, it tends to fall quickly with no response. Maybe John is just trying to get some info by posting in different sections of the forums.

Nonetheless, my business being a one man op is obviously governed by not dropping huge chunks of cash into org 's and COC's.

If I budget well, I stay afloat.

I think it is great that ideas and/or comments about a new org. surfaces often. It certainly gives all of us an indication of what's on people's mind regarding the direction this industry is or is not heading in......

Is it me - or do others find these constant posts about orgs to be boring? John - what the heck is so important about forming an organization, that you constantly post and post non-stop about it?

Hey Dan,

I find org's interesting. I guess I'm all posted out on responding to the basic bulletin board threads because most of those post I've been thru myself over the years. I guess for me I found out early that I was intrigued by Org. info. and also dumbfounded that there hasn't been greater success in this industry with Organizations in general. Maybe they are as successful as they can be... Hey I can't blame ya if you find these org. post boring as I'm sure others feel the same way also. Its the ones who do find an interest in these type post that I put them out there for. Its like trying to work out a solution thru the net that hasn't been found yet...

John feel that we should the keep the new org start up fee low . Feel that it will help draw smaller businesses have chance to be a member of org .and will also draw more people. And I will be there on nov 17--18 . hope we can get this thing rolling hope I can help in the future

Nonetheless, my business being a one man op is obviously governed by not dropping huge chunks of cash into org 's and COC's.

If I budget well, I stay afloat.

Quote from movie, The Edge, "Never feel sorry for a man with an airplane."

...but I'm not sure if that applies to ten thousand parts moving through the air in formation...

Cash won't help auto-rotate!

Networking is always good for business. I never did it much, and my business does suffer for it. If I had it to do over again I would join everything and spend most my time promoting a business as opposed to hoping to prosper by doing good old hard work.

r

Quote from movie, The Edge, "Never feel sorry for a man with an airplane."

...but I'm not sure if that applies to ten thousand parts moving through the air in formation...

Cash won't help auto-rotate!

Agreed and laughing my arse off!!!!! but it does buy BRS (Ballistic Recovery System) a rocket assisted parashoot system designed to save most of the parts in case of emergency.

DO you have a BRS on your chopper Adrian?

They seem like a good deal to me, and I've never been the nervous type.

Little brother has a snowbird gyro and I've seen their video where it sets down nicely when engine loses power. He smacked a rotor on takeoff in a crosswind gust...

Now, he bought a Zenith kit and is going for the fast track sport plane license, which I heard the FAA is going to stop issuing soon.

He does have license for, and rents sailplanes.

...Didja see that film, The Edge? It's among of our favorites.

Geese sent them down to earth in that flick.

In the past, I was occasionally transported to a grass strip on a coastal island... wild pigs rooting up the landing area was a prob.

...crashed the flite that followed my last trip, years ago. endo on landing.

It put a doctor pilot and the rancher passenger in intensive care. bad nooz!

Pilot error. He chose poorly!

I can't quite remember how the saying goes, "Unlike the sea, when you make a mistake in the sky, Mother Nature is less forgiving."

r

Shucks! I forgot this thread was about membership costs and such...

I would suggest sign up costs for the organization be $28,000 for the first years membership with a yearly increase adjusted to the prime rate.

THAT should keep paperwork to a minimum, but worthwhile.