Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Do it yourself forum new to the net

Question

Just started a new BBS.. Its more of a homeowner driven BBS than it is contractor oriented but I'd like for you to join up and give me any feedback on layout or content suggestions. All are welcome. It may be a good place for contractors to stay in tune with the homeowner/DIY market and interact to form new and lasting customer relations.

DIY Message Board

11 answers to this question

OH great, Give away all our secrets why dont you.

I'll visit. I think its a great Idea, and can only lead to more business. Cause no matter how many questions someone asks, they may still just hang it up and call a pro.

Ken,

Wonderful resource and idea. Hope it generates traffic. Much rather see DIY'ers do things right than wrong.

Jon most aptly said:

Cause no matter how many questions someone asks, they may still just hang it up and call a pro.
Sure enough. Many do not have the time, interest, or energy to take care of exterior wood more than once. Much rather have a customer that did things right than wrong. Or let a pro take care of it from the start.

DIY is definitely not for everyone. I learned years ago that just because I am capable of something does not mean I want to go out and do it. I'm sure quite a few of my RAD customers have a greater appreciation for what a wood professional does.

I think this forum will be a good resource of information for do it yourselfers. The info won't make the task easier per se, but at least people can do things right.

Great Ken,

Will I have posting privileges???

... One of my own mishaps I advise people of pertains to wallpaper removal.

Our prep crew got 90% of it off, and I was to prep coat, and texture, before our painters came back.

We did a bunch of sanding and I was about to go to the emergency room at the hospital at about 11:00pm that evening... dust from the glue set up in my lungs that night. I wasn't sure I was gonna make it. One of xxxx scratch that... it was the roughest night I can remember!

Household projects can be perilous!

r

Best of luck Ken! :)

Beth

It's rare to find forum admin that encourage new forums,.. or even allow them to be mentioned and/or linked to.

Congrats on a winning attitude Beth n Rod!

(My forum is in my signature! You don't have to be Irish to join,... but it helps!)

I signed up,but now I can't log on.

What's up with that Ken,you don't want me to play?

15yrs of cabinet and furniture building experience should mean I can help someone sooner or later.

It's rare to find forum admin that encourage new forums,.. or even allow them to be mentioned and/or linked to.

Congrats on a winning attitude Beth n Rod!

(My forum is in my signature! You don't have to be Irish to join,... but it helps!)

There are soooooo many great forums out there...and on just about every topic you can think of.

Don't forget to post a link for your forums in the Business Links Directory here on TGS. :)

Beth

Scott,

Michael K had problems this morning. He had to clear his browser caches and reopen the browser then he was okay. I had the same problem with this forum a few weeks ack. I think Beth was also unsure what as going on. Scott, not only are you welcome to join, post and enjoy the forum, I could use your help.