Sign in to follow this  
timhays

Annual Sales

Question

looking for average annual sales figures on pressure washing service related only,and number of employees to obtain those figures.

looking for companies in these brackets

thank you for any info.

75 answers to this question

I noticed last fall that the economy was picking up and it is continueing to

increase this year. I've increased our prices from last fall and I'm still hitting over 90% of my bids. Looks like time to increase pricing again for residential work.

Rob,

Have your answering service ask how your customers found out about your company and track your advertising. When you go to a larger ad for next issue you can see if it was worth it or not - although, if you already have the biggest ad, I'm not sure what added benefit a larger ad will have for you.

What percent of your bids are you turning into contracts?

Guest rfitz

Tim,

Makes good sense, as a matter of fact, I might try that avenue if I ever get time, Im working 16-18 hour days now 6 days a week, and I still cant keep up with the calls, estimating, etc..

Guest rfitz

Paul,

since this is still fairly early in the year, it is hard to say if people will mail in their estimate signed , maybe in a month or so, thats what happend last year I would get them 4-6 weeks later, heck, Im now getting estimates in from last year..? sigend or calling wanting to schedule, but I always go for the soft sale, I dont try and close them on the spot, I think it shows desperation,

I just say if you have any questions just call me, or if you decide to go with our bid, just mail in your copy of the estimate signed, and we will put you on the list, and I tell them we are cuurently 4-6 weeks out after receiving signed contracts, and I leave it at that, last year, I averaged about 60%, If I can get 50% I would be satisfied with that, I just face the truth, only about half the folks out there will pay for high end quality work, the other half want it cheap cheap and cheaper, but I tell them that up front, if your looking to get this done as cheap as possible, we are not who you are looking for, and yes my prices are going up as gas goes up, and the more busy we get, Im inching up to the $1.75 a sq ft mark and even at that price, I feel the customer is still getting a damn good deal for the service we deliver...

What size populations do the towns you work around have, and what would be the median home value? Just looking because my town is only 16,000 ppl. Trying to figue some numbers myself. Thanks.

our surrounding population to guess would be 1.5 million,large metro areas with home to more fortune 500 corporate centers than any where in the world. there are rich and poor people every where you go,but our average client home value goes from 300k-1.8 million

the only 100k houses we clean are for new home builders

Wow, 1.5 million, that is more than the whole population of North Dakota. I think our population is around 600,000 for the whole state. Yet not much for competition. I guess it is a good place to learn the trade. The homes in Dickinson, range from 45k to 250k.

Gross annual 147,680.00 One man average

Some may feel this is sensitive but i dont care. its real and i won't argue it just believe it or not. My average is 71.oo per hour per rig.

My best man has high grossed 17,500.00 in one month. if you could keep that pace it would be 192,000.00 per year.

Tim, I'm not the KING.

I'm actually small compared to some of the Giants.

Have a great day. I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since we just went full time in April of '04 our numbers will be a bit lower than anticipated, but according to projections, we will gross very close to 100k for the 3 quarters of 2004 beginning April 1 and ending Dec 31.

Using the current rate of growth we are experiencing and anticipating the continuing economic boom since GWB has been re-elected, we are forcasting gross sales of approximately $170,000 for 2005.

Currently we are a 2 person operation. Many times it is just one of us, other times both, and in some occasions we will hire 1 or 2 day laborers for very short durations.

this is on track for what were seeing as well 18k per one man rig,october was 23k with a helper for 2 weeks,working out of a 2 man rig.

i think this information proves ther is more money to be made with 2 one man rigs than 1- 2 man rig. this is our aproach for next year.

we bill 100 hourly as well with an average of 75 were seeing at the end of the week,we have recently raised our pricing 20%.

i appreciate everyones post its always nice to see where were at and where our goals should be.

thank you

this is a question i would like to know myself,i am very new to delegating and have had a few complications with it this year.

i think it takes only 2 months to properly train and get the person used to your system,however once you turn them loose you will find out if there going to make it or not.

if they dont make it it is a big loss of company resources,then you have to do it all over again turnover is expensive,and training is time consuming.

I usually have a new guy train with me for the first week then I pass them on to my lead technician who's been with us for about 4 years now. They work with him for at least two months and then we test them by letting the new guy do the work and Ray will just watch them to see how they do for a day..

If he has to correct anything they do after two months on the job then they ride with Ray for another month. After that, they are up to speed or looking for another job.

How long does it take me to feel comfortable sending a guy out with a rig and one of my trucks? I'd say about 4 years..LOL

First year I did about 212K

This year I have projected sales at $375K with 6 people full time on a monthly $10,000 payroll. I am planning to do more conrete daywork to offset my night work with hoodcleaning.

Grease Buster,

What brand of toothpick's do you use to keep your eye's open? Do they come with a special anti-irritative coating? Do they have custom colors that change in the sunlight?

Just kidding of course...but as they say daaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuum! You must hate your pillow! :lol:

I have done hoods and tried the get up and go do the normal daytime routine only to end up a mess by nightfall.

Rod!~

Yes i have to say i have been very fortunate,i work a lot of hours and i have taken back up dragracing motorcycles again which has consumed any free time that ive had..

it isnt easy making it in this industry but i do all i can all day every day and luckily were still here,i would like to take the opportunity thank everyone on this board and especially you Ron,without all the help ive had on these forums i wouldnt be were im at today.