Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Ariz. starts its employer sanctions 'experiment'

Did you all notice how I managed to stay out of this conversation? Did you all know that my wifes maiden name is Castillo? Did you all know that I only employed one hispanic worker until last week when he managed to get fired? (Beth knows that story, and it is actually kind of funny and very well deserved)

That being said, I am absolutely opposed to illegal immigration. I tried using Hispanic workers, mostly Mexicans, and they just did not work out for me. They could not have a drivers license here, so that they could not legally drive. The language barrier was untenable, and they would quite often totally rip me off in performing their assigned jobs for the day. (did you know that it can take up to 3 hours to drive two miles to a job?) I do not employ anyone of questionable legal status anymore. As much as I would like to, I do not think that there is anyway feasible way that they can be returned home to their native countries. It would be horrendously expensive, and would take decades. What we could do is make it increasingly difficult to send their money home, etc.

So, if I was president here is what I would do, and mind you, I am thinking of this on the fly and it is not perfectly thought out.

1. Any money sent to a foreign nation by a Non US citizen, including foreign corporations would be taxed at a 50% tax rate. Anyone caught sending the money and not collecting the tax would have to pay the tax on all money, whether it was previously taxed or not, at a rate of 25%. For collecting the tax, the company would be able to keep 10% of any taxes they collect to cover their expenses.

2. Anyone that is caught working or employing people with forged documentation would go to prison for 6 months of each violation. If they are a foreign national, they would be returned to their home country. If they are caught again, it is their second violation and would require a 12 month sentence, 3rd violation an 18 month sentence.

3. Any medical care that they seek would be paid for by the federal government, and deducted from any assistance that the US federal government gives to their native country. If no assistance is given to their native country, then it is deducted from any trade that they conduct.

4. Any Foreign national would be required to have a drivers license to drive and would be returned home at their own expense if caught without a US drivers license.

5. They would be required, within 5 years, to purchase a home on american soil. This way they would have a vested interest in the American Dream.

6. Any employer that is caught not collecting taxes on Foreign nationals would have a complete audit on their books, and have to pay 20% on any income taxes not paid.

7. Any foreign national would be able to keep whatever money they have paid into social security and have it paid out to them upon retirement, no earlier than the statutory time, until they run out of money.

8. They must have basic english skills within 2 years of arrival or start of their first employment. It can be done without an education.

But we would otherwise welcome them with open arms...

I would add to #5 by requiring them to become US citizens who must learn english and all that are of legal age should do a minimum of 2 yrs in our military.

OR

Any that are of legal age can become US citizens by doing a 4yr term in our military. This only applies if they enlist in the military the day the hit US soil.

I would add to #5 by requiring them to become US citizens who must learn english and all that are of legal age should do a minimum of 2 yrs in our military.

OR

Any that are of legal age can become US citizens by doing a 4yr term in our military. This only applies if they enlist in the military the day the hit US soil.

No that wont work. They have to learn english first.

We don't have to round them up and send them back. They are leaving Oklahoma by the droves. They come for the money and if you shut off the money valve they will leave just like they came, all on their own.

That being said we don't need a fence either. Even if you build a fence you have the expense of building it, maintaining it, and patrolling it. If you approach it like they are in Arizona and make it cost prohibitive for a business to hire an illegal the problems diminishes almost completely. Like I said shut the money valve off and they have zero incentive to come and zero incentive to stay.

Edward

Yes, that is very sad. It's sad that the parents were STUPID enough to not take their little baby to a hospital at the risk of being deported or not. I would die for either of my kids, who cares about being deported? They should feel like such pieces of excrement for putting themselves in such a position. It is truly sad.

Exactly.

Beth

Sign in to follow this