Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Nikro Dual Head

For those that are using the Nikro vac, how about a report of how they are doing.

I set up a few local ones and talked a handful of others through it over the phone and in emails. Only complaint I have ever heard was of brushes wearing out, and that is common when they get used often, just like tires on a car.

Mathew Johnson

Rami

Craig

Jon of Oasis fame, but he sold his rig

John from New Heights

Mike from ProClean

and all the rest who I forgot your names

Only problem I ever had was a wire inside one of the heads frayed, was an easy fix.

It was my fault, the head cover wasn't secured well enough to the drum so it was bouncung around while driving.

Otherwise they were great while I needed them.

Very cost effective, more powerful, and could take more abuse than any of the purpose built stuff I've seen.

I have been using my Nikro for over a year now and no problems. I can run up to 250' of 2" vac hose. I would say 250' is about the maximum you can run in vac hose.

Never had a problem and use it steady. I do have a 10,000 watt generator running this and a few other things.

Also have a new spare Nikro sitting in the shop in case I have any problems.

What's up, Alan.

As you know you are the one who set mine up initially.. and it had worked great. It lasted for about two years before I finally had to replace it. Thank you~!

Since then, I have put 4 more together and currently I have three that are working. The heads wear out but replacements are pretty easy to put in. Actually, the 55 gallon barrell wears out faster than the heads do. I need to purchase a stainless steel one next time and I'm thinking about lining the inside of the rest of them with a polyurethane.

As far as power and versatility they are great. I have them mounted on my trailer whereas I can take them off as needed. for large inside jobs I can take them off, wheel the drum and generator inside and do work ANYWHERE with recovery.

Craig,

What is the cause of the drum wearing out? I have a sneaky feeling it may be the acid you are using in prep work.

Stainless drums cost around $700.00 in my searching, but before you go that route, you may want to try a plastic drum liner. They slip in like a rigid trash bag.

Are you replacing motors from wear? Did you check the brushes first?

Alan,

The barell rusted out from the inside.. especially on the upper area around the rim.

I've changed brushes a couple of times, but I've noticed that over time the engine seems to lose power. I can get a new motor for like 25 bucks.

For those that are using the Nikro vac, how about a report of how they are doing.

I set up a few local ones and talked a handful of others through it over the phone and in emails. Only complaint I have ever heard was of brushes wearing out, and that is common when they get used often, just like tires on a car.

Mathew Johnson

Rami

Craig

Jon of Oasis fame, but he sold his rig

John from New Heights

Mike from ProClean

and all the rest who I forgot your names

Thanks for the hour of converstaion and Nikro tech info Alan.