Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Same old, same old

"The voice mail of the person whom you are trying to reach is full."

Another year.. nothing changes. Many of you know whom I am talking about. If it weren't sad, it would be almost comical.

That voicemail has been full for years.

"The voice mail of the person whom you are trying to reach is full."

Hmmm... Not just sad, bad for business, yours and their own. Lessons not learned makes Jack experience challenged. Redefining customer service is not someone's strong suit.

But then again it is Sunday and the Pope is in town. St. Anthony may be your best bet. Tomorrow is another day and by the way, "when's my order being shipped!"

Sorry Ken, just kidding around. Things always seem to work out, and miracles do happen! Hang in there...

In this unknown person defense, is it possible you don’t have a good number for this person.

I get that same complaint, mine is always full. Can’t keep it empty, especially on the weekends. Fortunately I do not do business with my personal cell phone so I could care less if my voice mail is full.

My business lines are answered 24 hours a day by us or a service and calls are never missed.

Could it be possible you have a number that’s not important to this person? Is this really there business number as a poster has stated?

Sorry to be that guy, of course if his voice mail is full maybe he’s just that busy?

Using cell phones as you main staple to do business is a bad idea. Business lines are unlimited for leaving messages.

Incase this unknown guy reads the BBS, get a line that’s answered by you or a service during business hours. Offer and emergency line for extremely important customers or problems.

We return calls on the emergency line with on minutes of call coming in. pretty neat service by a company called NDC. They text our cell phones of a pager. Everyone has a cell now so we use the pager very rarely.

Again, we do not use the cell as a main line. Cell phones are not reliable and often ring busy not ring thru or go instantly to voice mail. They have gotten better and the data transfer is more reliable.

You know what - I've decided not to get angry this year. I am going to let Scott Paul be the 'buffer' cache and leave it to his responsibility to always be stocked and let him deal with issues. His price is fair and shipping is expedient. I am sure the 'unknown' person would appreciate selling to Scott in bulk and let him deal with issues of warehousing and shipping and fielding customer complaints.

Ron, Maybe for massive amounts of calls one needs a service but I can tell you as a customer that when I call a place and get a service that my confidence in their returning a call or being considered important goes down considerably.

..Nothing better than to show a customer you care about them then by presenting them with a message/format that allows them to get their points and needs across. A service can not convey the same feeling is my feeling. I mean people tend to offer up a more exact description when they know the exact person they are reaching out to will be hearing their message and voice. To me relying on a service would be like relying on any other 3rd party to relay a thought or feeling. I might as well let my kid or wife answer the tele...just my 2 cents. :)

Ron, Maybe for massive amounts of calls one needs a service but I can tell you as a customer that when I call a place and get a service that my confidence in their returning a call or being considered important goes down considerably.

..Nothing better than to show a customer you care about them then by presenting them with a message/format that allows them to get their points and needs across. A service can not convey the same feeling is my feeling. I mean people tend to offer up a more exact description when they know the exact person they are reaching out to will be hearing their message and voice. To me relying on a service would be like relying on any other 3rd party to relay a thought or feeling. I might as well let my kid or wife answer the tele...just my 2 cents. :)

When you call my company, you have the option to talk with a live person or leave a message.

We are using the web for so many orders and customers like it.

I was affraid of the personal stuff too. We clean stuff and often customers dont need to talk with us, just know that when they send the order its done.

Great points as always