Sign in to follow this  
soluble solutions

answering client's "environmental" questions

Question

I was wondering what some of you say to would-be clients when they inquire about the chemicals we use such as 12.5% or any other "mainstream" chemical we use on residential cleaning. This doesn't happen too often as our reputation speaks for itself most times.....but....

With all this environmental talk lately, has got people wondering more than ever about we're using and how it effects everything. Plants, pets, people, etc.

We have some local guys around here that boast no chems or solely scrub brushing everything and then washing. Claiming to do a better job and being more environmentally conscious, etc., etc. I mean they honestly don't do a better job AND they take 5 times as long to get the it done.

How do you guys sell the job using the big bad chemicals. How do you convince people that what you're doing is safe and effective? Excluding ref.'s and referrals...we already do that extensively. Does anyone have any stories to relay?

Thanks,

Steve

Soluble Solutions, LLC

(419) 651-2793

46 answers to this question

Others watching the postings and being affraid to type because someone might attack you and call you a moron. Please dont worry, iteligents has nothing to do with writing skills.

I would not allow someone to attack you and i would not want this type ingnorance to stop you.

There are some people out there watching others posts and are harping on their grammar and writing skills, those that are being badgered then become afraid to post because they do not want to be attacked and humiliated on the board. Do not worry, intelligence has nothing to do with your writing and grammar skills.

Personally I would not allow someone to attack you and I would not want this type of ignorance to stop you from posting.

the obove is what i would have laid down in two seconds, the tyoe below took me from the time of that last post and i had to use a dict.

I will make sure that someone in my office spell checks and correct all future posts, LOL yeah right.

Ron I am not upset. I am however aggrivated by your attitude toward other Cleaners that don't agree with your (wal-mart) mentality toward this business. Ron as you know cheaper is not better. Comments made by you about cleaning with potatoes, and wondering if anyone knows how to PW really grabs my curiosity. I would hope your attitude here is not reflected in your public speaking. Ron I am really not speaking about your typing as much as I am speaking about your pis* poor attitude toward the non-potato cleaning members.

Mel, you attacked me about my grammar. When you attacked me you attacked most people here.

I took your 12 minutes to write the two sentences and correct as i could. i even used a dictionary to help me find alternate words as you can see in my above post.

Mel, you suggestion that I'm agaisnt you guys and your roof chems is ridiculous. I have many freinds that clean i would imagine the same way you do.

I do commercial flat work and yes i have advance my business do injury of innocent people being hurt. I thank goodness found alternatives that are safe and not damaging to the earth human safety.

Mel, I not upset with you. Its not going to change my safer practice methods.

Stop reffering to me as _ _ _ _ _ , you no nothing about me and what i make or charge. Your assumption are again lack of your own knowledge about the vary industry that feeds you.

Instead of worry about your grammar skill and attacking mine, possibly go back to school and take some other courses. Maybe a communications course might be helpful.

Mel, Angry? everyone that knows me knows i'm not angry with you. I'm trying to open you eyes brother.

Ron I hope you don't take this as an attack. I am too old to be attacking people lol. I would however love for you too think about what and how your responding to people in these bbs. You never know who might be reading these.

Mel, you suggestion that I'm agaisnt you guys and your roof chems is ridiculous. I have many freinds that clean i would imagine the same way you do.

Ron, where in the world did this come from. This has nothing to do with roof cleaning or roof cleaning chemicals. You say I need to go back to school and study communications? Now I am really confused. Ron my eyes have been opened for some time now they may not see what you see but they are definately open.icon7.gif

So, have the environmental questions been answered? Lets keep this on topic guys.

:lgangel:

Mel - hope things are well down in your neck of the woods. I will be in FL in a few weeks catching a flight over to Aruba. Are you going to the MB RT? It will be great to meet you.

So, have the environmental questions been answered? Lets keep this on topic guys.

:lgangel:

Mel - hope things are well down in your neck of the woods. I will be in FL in a few weeks catching a flight over to Aruba. Are you going to the MB RT? It will be great to meet you.

Carlos, Florida has one on july 19th, thats funny. The first thing i dsicuss is that if your here to be negative, the doors right there.

Maybe Mel will figure out that I only try my best to help others. It might be a good idea for him to network with others.

Well Mel, have a great nite and make some money. My crews just left awhile ago and its 24 hours a day until friday.

I know that orange cleaners work well on hoods, I would like to see how well the potato cleaner works. There is a lot of push towards more environmentally friendlier products these days.

I know that orange cleaners work well on hoods, I would like to see how well the potato cleaner works. There is a lot of push towards more environmentally friendlier products these days.

We have been using citrus and other cleaners since about 1986. We use acids and caustics depending on applications.

Potatos Ron? I thought everyone knew by now that you use caustic Soda beads.

Did you actually change or are you leading us down the wrong path?

Just remember that anything is biodegradeable given enough time.

Alan, show me any place i have lead people down the wrong path?

Come to a round table, we did a live demo in denver. maybe one of those guys will tell you.

Ron I owe you an apology. I should have given you more respect. You have been doing this for a long time and if a gentleman of your experience says you can clean concrete with potatoes I should have kept my mouth shut and respected you more. I am truly sorry.

Ron I owe you an apology. I should have given you more respect. You have been doing this for a long time and if a gentleman of your experience says you can clean concrete with potatoes I should have kept my mouth shut and respected you more. I am truly sorry.

all good Mel, I hope 2008 is a good year for ya.

I would be interested in testing the potato cleaner on hoods if it is available.

Matt, call me and i can give you a dealer in LA.

If you look for organic chems you will find them. I truly dont think they will work on metal.

The reaction with water and lime in the concrete create and acid based cleaner that works for about 20 secs.

The life of these cleaners is short and they are expensive.

The citra you said you where using are very similar. same problem with grease and metal. although if the hood is not to dirty they work good.

I'm affraid your industry is stuck with caustics.