Sign in to follow this  
CCHSNC

Unvailing

I wanted to share some pics and info on some new equipment we purchased. It’s not installed in these pics but I will post more when everything is setup.

First, I would like to say I called many PW Co. that build custom units and by far Bob at www.pressuretek.com far surpassed them all. Most in fact didn't even want to attempt my idea. Bob has a tremendous amount of knowledge and probably has the best customer service in the industry. His prices are very competitive and he has everything from his Bad Boy 30" surface cleaner, Great Chems. to the smallest fitting you could need ready to ship to you anywhere. The equipment it awesome! and Built flawlessly! So now the specs… 2-24hp v-twin Hondas are just the beginning. They are mounted on 2 separate frame systems that will mount on top of each other. 2- 6.5 gpm Udor pumps (gear reduction drive). Both motor and pump are mounted on a custom ¼” aluminum tray that sits on isolation dampeners to eliminate vibration from one unit to the next. And I must say running wide open the frames barely vibrate. Burners- these 2 babies rock! Custom maid by Bob to handle the gpm's I wanted along with a considerable heat rise. (I think it was spec. to be around 190 but haven’t tested yet.) Well enjoy the pics!

Yes Bob is good and loves what he does also, that makes him put 110% into each unit he builds.

Cannot wait till we see pictures as the unit comes together, make sure Bob takes progress pictures.

And tell him I say hello to him and his wife.

Think nothing of it Bob, we like you because of who you are, like me being mostly deaf, you talk alright, just sounds funny to me.

If Jim says your ok in person then when are we going to meet you out West?

Jim I have spoken with this guy many times and most people don't understand stuttering can be overcome, allow Bob time to say what he wants before trying to talk back works wonders for him.

After all, Bob had no more say in his condition then I did.

Riiiggghhhttt Boooobbbbb?

I saw the machines at Bob's shop....very...very nice. I must agree that he is the best in the business. He took a diesel hydrotech that I aquired and turned it from a wreck to a like new machine. I wish everybody would just place their next order with him..whether it's for a machine or just a couple parts. His prices are the best and the way he stands behind his work is just never seen in the industry.

Andy

So that is the machines you were talking about Bob, should be hearing from me real soon. In fact I am guessing by the end of this week..

I have seen a few a the machines he has built, very nice..

Rock on!

I'm just curious why one would go to the expense of dual engines, burners etc. Why not use one small diesal engine, say about 60hp, and one boiler, and go that route?

I thought about going with one large engine that would drive 2 pumps and many other scenarios. Since I don't always need both machines and if I had a dual pump machine that means one would free roll all the time plus if the engine needed maintenance I would be unable to work. If I went with 1 engine and 1 pump that was setup for 2 guns and only needed 1 gun I would always have to deal with flow changes. Haveing 2 complete systems just made sence for what I was looking for plus if I ever decide to set up another rig I could put a setup in it without spending any $$

Guest rfitz

Robert,

That is an awesome machine, Im sure it will be flawless, as mine is Bob at

www.pressuretek.com built, I am so much faster, and more efficient, I would say at least 30% faster and 40% more efficient, he makes awesome machines

and has become a good friend as well, Im sure you will experience a great working relationship, also, I would like to pick your brain, I know you do alot of roofs, do you ever use lifts when you do them..?

Take Care...

I will be venting the burners out the roof along with the exhaust from the motors. I have 2-23 gallon fuel tanks 1 for gas and 1 for k-1 or diesel.

You'll like those nice sized tanks. I'm always amazed when I see hot water rigs with 8 or 10 gallon tanks.

Mine burns 2-3 gallons per hour, depending on how hot it's running. Yours will likely burn alot more due to their size and higher btu's.

It's way too dangerous to refuel a hot machine, especially if it's in an enclosed trailer.

Better to have enough fuel in the tanks.