Sign in to follow this  
StainlessDeal

Congratulate Me!

Question

I'm sitting here online, messing about with the BBS world today because I have set today aside as a celebration.

In 2005 on this date, the former Patricia Flahive, an educated, self-reliant, and beautiful woman took a walk with her father.

At the end of that walk I was in wait, worried she might never appear, but she did. And there, in the presence of God and many of the people we love, we plighted our troth. Jumped the broom. Were married.

I have no illusions: I have married well above my station.

In my sometimes tumultuous life, I have always been humbled, grateful, and surprised at the amazing caliber of my many dear friends. Tricia is my best friend, and is orders of magnitude better than I deserve. I can't imagine any aspect of my life without her.

Some of you have met my fair bride, others will one day. I can honestly say that her influence in my life has been the single most civilizing factor in my experience.

Before I met her, I only had one method for problem-solving: ATTACK! It served me well, in its place, but was too often misplaced in the everyday world. Where my motto was once "Better Dead Than Mellow!" I have learned nuance, and empathy, and tact. She has taught me to listen with more than my ears, and to act with compassion.

Three years ago today, Tricia and I made our vows and I have never regretted that for one instant, what's more, I have worked hard to see that she has no regrets of that day.

I love my wife. I love being married, and having a family to cherish.

Jeff says it best: Life is GOOD!

Here is a couple a pics from that day. First T and I dancing to Sinatra, and second is probbly me singing either "Fly Me to the Moon" or some Pogues, or Chieftains. Maybe it was Lorelai or Whisky in the Jar. Hey, I don't know, I was singing, I know that. After all, my glass was full, and I had a fine Irish woman on my arm!

post-1043-137772213681_thumb.jpg

post-1043-137772213728_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

Thanks David, Kevin, Carlos, Matt, and Beth. I just got back from a great meal in our favorite italian restaurant-Portobelo ravioli with ragu and meatballs! Tricia had the speghetti aglio y olio. Way too stuffed to work tonight, but I'm fat and happy!

It has been a great life so far, and it just keeps getting better. My son turned 1 on the second and we are going gangbusters here. We rally have nothing worth complaining about these days.

Thanks for the well-wishes, I'm looking forward to seeing as many of you fine folks as possible in Myrtle Beach. Unfortunately, my better half won't be able to attend this meet, she is more than a little disappointed. She attended Don Marler's excellent RT in St. Louis and enjoyed herself aplenty.

What an industry I picked, should have done it years before I did!

(OK, I can officially retire my exclmation point key, that had to be a year's worth above. lol)

Guess it's too late to talk you out of it. Bahahaha, just kidding. I did the same thing about 9 years ago and never regretted it. Well, once in a while I guess I regret it.

Congratulations!

What a wonderful post. May you and your bride have many more. Your heartfelt words are inspirational. Glad to know you have found another that makes you complete. True love is nothing to take lightly and you sound as if you do not. Good for you. May the honeymoon last forever!