Sign in to follow this  
Thad

New Orleans RT- Thank you, guys!

Question

Well, we all survived the First (Maybe Last?) Annual New Orleans Networking Event!

First I want to sincerely thank almost everyone who took time out of their busy lives to come and share with fellow contractors. I told you in my opening comments that this event was “For Contractors, By Contractors” and I'm very pleased to say that every single person in attendance contributed to the topics on hand. I want to give a special thanks to Michael Kreisle and Jason Nailen for leading the discussions on Internet Marketing and Package Selling.

We had some great discussions before, during, and after the scheduled meetings and I agree with the comment that was made to me, “This is always how I pictured Round Tables would be.” That was a huge compliment and really touched my heart.

Was it perfect?

Hahahahahahaahahahaa!

Between my lack of preparation and experience, a keynote speaker getting in an accident, delays with lunch, and a bunch of big-mouth contractors who wanted to talk business all day :) the schedule was blown all to heck.

Did we have a good time and learn a lot!

Yeah, you right!

I would like to thank Russ Johnson of Southside Equipment for giving away a $100 gift certificate, Carlos of New Look Power Wash for donating sets of his Management Guidelines for all attendees, the ***** for making this event their first scheduled appearance, and Power Wash Stencils for their support (and the Tic Tacs).

I also want to thank the anonymous donors who made a lot of this weekend possible, including the other giveaways and also the use of the Party Room all three days. Thank you so much, guys. I couldn't have done it without you and your giving spirit should be an example to us all.

So once again, I would like to thank all the attendees, because all of you were an integral part of making this event work. Everyone pitched in, shared information, and made the most of our time together. It really was a special weekend.

11 answers to this question

Don't make it the last. This was your first one, with the right help, that one could be the one everyone wants to go to each year.

I think NOLA should be a funtable, its a hard one to have any Type of hands on or actaul Demos.

I did have fun Matt, it was worth meeting you and Ant.

Until next year i guess

I had a blast and learned alot at the same time. Plus I met alot of folkd (Ron, Matt, Ant, Thad, Trey, David V, Jason, Gene) the list goes on and on!!

We could find someplace in the quarter or close by to do demos. I am sure of it!

Great times!!!

I had a blast and learned alot at the same time. Plus I met alot of folkd (Ron, Matt, Ant, Thad, Trey, David V, Jason, Gene) the list goes on and on!!

We could find someplace in the quarter or close by to do demos. I am sure of it!

Great times!!!

yeah, i'm sure you can.

NOLA is good time and lots of crazy people for sure.

Thanks for the encouragement, Matt and Carlos.

Ron, are you going to make it if I have one next year?

I have to be in NOLA on DEc 5th for that hit a run. Likely i wont be in NOLA for round in 2009.

You never Know, I think someone that lives there is planning one for 2009.

Good Luck, I'm sure all will have a blast like the last one. I wonder if you and Dave plan on singing again?LOL

I have to be in NOLA on DEc 5th for that hit a run.

Remind me when it gets closer. If I can make it down I'll buy you some lunch. I heard there's a couple of good restaurants down there.

Likely i wont be in NOLA for round in 2009.

You never Know, I think someone that lives there is planning one for 2009.

If someone else is having one that would be great.

I would much rather just show up than to have to plan it.

Sure you're not going to make it?

I wonder if you and Dave plan on singing again?LOL
You never Ron. I'm not sure can consider my part singing. LOL

Bellowing 'PWM in da HOUUUUUUUUUUUSE!' basso profundo was the perfect background vocal for that song.

:lol:

We'll bring our own Louis Armstrong cd next time.

Way too funny....

Thad....speaking of restaraunts.....take Ron to the place that you took me for breaksfast...you know the place 2 doors down from the "condom"iniums!!! LOL

Definately in NO in '09!!!!!!

I don't think that particular place is big enough, Carlos.

;)

Awesome waffles and cheeseburgers, though.

I'm still a little up in the air about it. I guess a lot will depend on how much interest there is in having another one. There has been a lot of talk, so that part looks OK.

The best options rate-wise are June, July, August, September and December.

If I do it it will be much more involved- a lot closer to my original plan for a 'business' RT.