Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Virtual Election '08

Who are you voting for? (votes are private)  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for? (votes are private)

• McCain/Palin
    • Obama/Biden
    • One of the independents
    • Not going to vote at all

Question

I thought it would be fun to hold a virtual election here on TGS. Cast your vote anywhere between now and Nov 4th. After that, the poll will close and we will see if out results match the Nation or not.

Make your vote count!

Beth

365 answers to this question

I don't deny that Nobama is an intelligent person. He is. But it takes more than that to be a good president. Judgment, character, integrity, morals...things like this are just as important. If intelligence was all it took then police deptartments would just recruit the "smart" people...but since police recruiters are smart people themselves, they know that to even be a police officer it takes more than just "smarts".

Nobama has proven over and over that his judgment isn't very good. Sitting on a board with a known terrorist. Poor judgment. Being involved with ACORN, an organization being sued my many states for registering people to vote illegaly. Poor judgment, lack of integrity.

The list goes on and on. Nobama would have a hard time becoming a police officer, how much more does he lack the qualifications needed to run this country?

Other than his abortion stance which is about the same for 65-80% of Americans, WHAT is wrong with Obamas morals? He came from a broken family, his grand parents stepped in taught him right from wrong, pushed him to be all he could be married and is raising two girls and now he's running for President of United States. He made mistakes everyone in recent generations did but without good morals I don't think he ever would of made it this far

Poor judgment & lack of integrity, that sound more like Bush not Obama

I think McCain is a good man, maybe even a better man than Obama (maybe) I just think he would be a bad President especially in this day & time and I hope that Obama will be a great President, we need a good one now

One can be an orphaned, handicapped...from Somalia..you are not going to be admitted into Harvard Law School...President of the Harvard Law Review...He taught for 12 years...to question...in light of his accomplishments and resume', is just plain off the mark.

This is precisely what is wrong - Obama supporters consistently read and believe only what they want to believe. This poster and the amen corner which followed clearly demonstrate this. If one were to read my post and get the facts BEFORE distorting them it is clear - it is about B.O.s scholastic history prior to Harvard. Harvard is another subject altogether - and just as shaky. My daughter is one year older than B.O. and attented college in L.A. at the same time. One MUST fill out grant forms and applications - B.O. refuses to release these and his transcripts. My daughter stayed with her grandma in L.A. and I could have lied and shown this as residency and saved many thousands of dollars, but I am an American and felt (and still do) that deception would detract from any educational benefit. Foerign students and out-of-staters (like myself) were indeed afforded grants - often free, contrary to the uninformed posts. Why would one not question Obama about his application forms? Why does he hide these? Harvard aside and 'president' by his peers (that is not good), everyone knows his 'teacher' and 'lecturer' background - he has never owned a successful business or worked a day in his life. Everything we do know about him is very unsavory. He is incapable of dealing with Joe The Plumber, why in the world would any thinking person believe he has anything to offer except froth and rhetoric? There are even more compelling reasons to clearly demonstrate that B.O. is a very real danger to America - don't blindly fall into the Obama trap.

Richard

p.s. b/t/w B.O. is not quite as bright as many assume. Extensive testing revealed only 5 college students in Calif attained the max reading skill of 1,800 wpm with 100 percent comprehension over 10 consecutive weeks. My daughter was one of the 5 - Obama is not even mentioned.

Jeff, Likewise it was just yesterday that Sullivan's show pointed to an unfocused nature of McCain's campaign and how the past elected presidents had their managers on them constantly keeping them on poiint.

Hey I like the idea in general of playing up your abilities and acheivements. Works in business and personal life. I think McCain could do better at such. But hey since when there been a 'running against' that doesn't include and expect candidates addressing the wrongs in each other's plan or past actions?. Is silly calling foul on 'negativety'. It is all McCain has to work with concerning Obama. I mean how ya gonna make a silk purse out a sows ear? Above all I thank all those that speak the truth of a candidates past or their intentions. Consider it fair warning to the people if you will. Yea being calm and serene has its place in certain atmosphere but in this day and the current crisis befalling America??. That is just dumb. Obama so slow and calm today in responding to tax plan concerns that he looked to be falling asleep. Yea that's it folks. Stick head in sand and vote for a slow calm regression/resession. Repealing Bush's tax cut is what he said. How dumb a statement was that today??

Unfocused, I think thats how a lot of people think he will be as a president. You can talk bad or go after your opponent but thats all he does. Like I said he has no real anything, for people to cling onto, except his past. We need a forward thinker and I think that is how Obama is being seen now and not all over the place McCain. I think its his age, his personality nd definitely his handlers

Oh come on Ant, the only reason a smart man with his credentials would pick Obama is because they are both black, come I hope you really dont believe that. He could of stayed neutral, Powell has never been one to look for attention or the lime light. Only reason come on, you starting to sound crazy dude.

Because other countries like him, thats a bad thing????? Doesn't mean they are going to have a voice in our policies. So maybe we should just leave Bush in office with your logic, hell most the world can't stand him. I guess thats a good thing to you. Do you remember President Reagan, a tough President but liked by our allies. Maybe Obama will be the liberal but effective Reagan. Watch out Nancy might jump ship too LOL LOL

Another thing Ant, for the most part why would a lot of people want to vote for McCain, his campaign has been horrible, he spends 95% of his time just trying to trash talk Obama and 5% of his time talking about his plans. He really has been all over the place, one day its one thing and another its something else. Palin was a stunt, whether the Rep Base likes her she wasn't a very good pick and like I said it was a stunt instead of a well thought out choice. Heck a lot of the right wing base are backing away from her, not just Colin Powell

We having fun yet Ant?

You know Jeff, I don't think they get why we have made the choices we have...

It is important that highly respected Republican leaders are backing OBAMA and not McCain! It is important that many countries are paying CLOSE attention and cheering Obama on, knowing the ties we used to share with many of them have been strained in recent years. It's is really importan to have as many world allies as you can!!!

Go Obama!

Beth

Really? Especially about his statement that he regards Obama's close brotherhood with terrorists and Islamics as "trivial". Insane! He is 'articulate' only in respect to the colloquial norm - not so well-spoken in respect to clarity, much like Obama. Don't be led about like a sheep - in the short term Obama may have some positive effect, but if Biden is correct and an international crisis occurs within the next few months we will have a problem. Picture the professional student Obama meeting with antagonistic Islamic heads of state and saying 'c'mon fellas, can't we all just get along?'. It is imperative that we have strong leadership. McCain brings that. He has the scars to prove it and I can and do attest to the wisdom he has as a result of his battles. He can get the job done. In respect to B.O. his 'scars' consist of a few paper cuts. For myself it matters little - I won't be around to see America brought down to the level of much of the rest of the world of which B.O. declares he is "a citizen of the world". An American is a citizen of America, contrary to Obama. Be an American and do all you can to keep this Obama guy out of American politics - your progeny depends upon it.

Richard

What was it for years the Republicans LOVED Powell, they talked about running him as President, now he is scum, just for voicing his opinion ( the opining of a very knowledgeable man). Man you republicans sure can turn on a National Hero and Statesman like Powell, McCain is going to be in deep chit when he loses. Hope you Republicans don't try to hang him for loosing

What was it for years the Republicans LOVED Powell, they talked about running him as President, now he is scum, just for voicing his opinion ( the opining of a very knowledgeable man). Man you republicans sure can turn on a National Hero and Statesman like Powell, McCain is going to be in deep chit when he loses. Hope you Republicans don't try to hang him for loosing

Nah, they will blame someone though..... You can see that coming a mile away....

Beth

It is important that highly respected Republican leaders are backing OBAMA and not McCain! It is important that many countries are paying CLOSE attention and cheering Obama on, knowing the ties we used to share with many of them have been strained in recent years. It's is really importan to have as many world allies as you can!!!

Go Obama!

Beth

What do we know, we are just crazy left wing liberals. Thank God we have all these right wingers to save us from ourselves. Bush has the country going great maybe we can get him in for another 4 years. Or we can just put Mac in

Unfocused, I think thats how a lot of people think he will be as a president. You can talk bad or go after your opponent but thats all he does. Like I said he has no real anything, for people to cling onto, except his past. We need a forward thinker and I think that is how Obama is being seen now and not all over the place McCain. I think its his age, his personality nd definitely his handlers

Hey during a campaign it probably true that focusing more on specific issue over and over can be shown as a winning strategy. If there is problem with McCain on this it is due to handlers cause that dude is way used to being all over the place and working on many things at once. He is always in shop mode. That is the kinda pres I want. But hey btw.. if ya consider his promoting and inspiring the surge as 'the past' or unimportant then we should look to Obama for what acts he has achomplished or taken part in the past.. What has he done???. tell me, I really want to know. people talk about talking up yer own position, ability, or acts. Let's hear some and see if there any substance. Please I'm begging to hear what he's done here at home or concerning world affair..

Go Obama!

Beth

This is our election. OUR meaning United States of America. I could give a rats behind what other countries leaders think. If you see alot of bad people endorsing a canidate then you may want to consider why they like him. Another thing to look at is all the foreign money piling into Nobama's campaign. Everyone that bleeds red in this country should be fuming over this.

I think General Powell was very articulate and clear about why he selected Senator Obama, so was Mr. Adelman.

Got anymore excuses?

Beth

OBAMA/BIDEN 08!!!!

Didn't think you could announce a white liberal General P endorsed. Kind of like the lack of posts on what Obama has actually done besides woo everyone with plagerised, I mean brilliant speeches.

Okay maybe some of you libs on here can explain something to the right wingers. Now Joe Biden is the best choice in the known human world for VP since the messiah himself picked him for this position. What the crap was Joe talking about here:

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

Now I pulled this from an ABC link so it can't be pushed aside as republican fox news trash. Man up and tell me what the crap Joe is talking about here. Can this be considered FEAR MONGERING?? Will Al Gore jump up in a speech soon and scream with veins popping out of his head that "He prayed on our fears!!"? I just gotta know what Joe is talking about there. I mean he isn't some dumb moose killing hottie from Alaska he is the CHOSEN one by the messiah. I'm not on the cool aid so somebody break this down for me please.

Obama: Biden Prone to 'Rhetorical Flourishes' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Here's what I pulled from The Washington Post. It's certainly no worse than some of Palin's remarks, it's going to be hard to top Katie Couric's interview, or any number of Palin's campaign trail comments.

Beth

Okay maybe some of you libs on here can explain something to the right wingers. Now Joe Biden is the best choice in the known human world for VP since the messiah himself picked him for this position. What the crap was Joe talking about here:

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

Now I pulled this from an ABC link so it can't be pushed aside as republican fox news trash. Man up and tell me what the crap Joe is talking about here. Can this be considered FEAR MONGERING?? Will Al Gore jump up in a speech soon and scream with veins popping out of his head that "He prayed on our fears!!"? I just gotta know what Joe is talking about there. I mean he isn't some dumb moose killing hottie from Alaska he is the CHOSEN one by the messiah. I'm not on the cool aid so somebody break this down for me please.

I have watched and listened to Joe Biden for over a couple decades and like him very much. Now to answer your question..... I have NO clue what the heck he was saying or why

Joe is well known to put his foot in his mouth on occasion

"Chosen one from the messiah" you know McCain would have had a better chance if he and his followers didnt talk all this silly stuff. Most Americans are just really sick of it, got it from the last 8 years of Bush Chenney and now many Americans are rebeling against the negative silly, mean stuff. So keep it up so Hussien Obama can get a landslide win

Obama: Biden Prone to 'Rhetorical Flourishes' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

It's certainly no worse than some of Palin's remarks...or any number of Palin's campaign trail comments.

Beth

Surely you jest. Palin has again and again proved herself genuine while on the campaign 'trail' - we know firsthand. She is by far the most intellectually gifted of all 4 - her 20/20 memory is unbelievable. Biden is a relic of the past, and is all about Biden. Review his debate statements - he pulls 'facts' right out of his shoe. Still, he is much, much better that the affliction of an Obama. In respect to 'memory' Obama has shown a huge lack. He can't even remember much about his Islamic upbringing - consistent until age 10! What a dolt. Only 2 possibilities exist - either he is untruthful or his memory is about as reliable as the Indians at Shiloh. In either case he is totally unacceptable to represent ANY American.

Richard

Surely you jest. Palin has again and again proved herself genuine while on the campaign 'trail' - we know firsthand. She is by far the most intellectually gifted of all 4 - her 20/20 memory is unbelievable. Biden is a relic of the past, and is all about Biden. Review his debate statements - he pulls 'facts' right out of his shoe. Still, he is much, much better that the affliction of an Obama. In respect to 'memory' Obama has shown a huge lack. He can't even remember much about his Islamic upbringing - consistent until age 10! What a dolt. Only 2 possibilities exist - either he is untruthful or his memory is about as reliable as the Indians at Shiloh. In either case he is totally unacceptable to represent ANY American.

Richard

Sorry, I don't think Palin is anything special - at all. She was plugged in to take women voters from the Dems and to drive them to the Republican ticket. NOT working. Let's see, she has insulted American's with her segregatist comment, she has ethics issues - see troopergate - and then there is a question of 21K in expenses to take her kiddies on the road to events they were not invited to on Alaska's peoples nickle!!!! Oh - and the whole Katie Couric thing - well, we saw the real Palin then. She has flubbed many times. I read an interview transcript yesterday and for crying out loud, I have never seen so many fragmented sentances and incomplete thoughts with no conclusions. It's an enligh teacher's nightmare! As a woman I would LOVE to vote for a female president or vice president, but you know what? ONLY if they are the BEST choice. Sorry - she's not ready for prime time....SNL maybe...prime time - nope.

Beth

Sorry, I don't think Palin is anything special... she has insulted American's(sic)...segregatist...troopergate...Katie Couric thing..has flubbed many times...incomplete thoughts with no conclusions. It's an enligh(sic) teacher's nightmare!...she's

(sic) not ready for prime time...

Beth

Not 'special'? - very few if any men would agree with you - sounds like jealousy to me. 'Insulted - segregatist' - huh? She is right on the mark, well-spoken without the hyprocrisy that marks the others - period. 'Troopergate' is a mark of her strength and willingness to act. I wish others were willing to take a stand and act out of moral strength - may her tribe increase. The 'Couric' thing is a demonstration of control - I would have lashed out and verbally leveled Couric. Palin has a rare self-control coupled with respectful thoughtfulness. Speaking as one who has several languages I assure you she has command of English. She is not a "teacher's nightmare" at all - I could not say the same of your posts. President is not to be a 'prime time' entertainer - perhaps that is something Obama could do.

Richard

Biden is a relic of the past

Ummmm...if you think BIDEN is a relic, what do you think of MCCAIN? MCCAIN (71) would be the oldest President elected IF he were to make it. He's 71. Biden is 66.

I love it when people throw words like RELIC around - especially when their candidate would be even more of a fossil.... :lol:

Beth

Not 'special'? - very few if any men would agree with you - sounds like jealousy to me. 'Insulted - segregatist' - huh? She is right on the mark, well-spoken without the hyprocrisy that marks the others - period. 'Troopergate' is a mark of her strength and willingness to act. I wish others were willing to take a stand and act out of moral strength - may her tribe increase. The 'Couric' thing is a demonstration of control - I would have lashed out and verbally leveled Couric. Palin has a rare self-control coupled with respectful thoughtfulness. Speaking as one who has several languages I assure you she has command of English. She is not a "teacher's nightmare" at all - I could not say the same of your posts. President is not to be a 'prime time' entertainer - perhaps that is something Obama could do.

Richard

Jealous of Palin? Not a chance. I have no dreams of gutting a moose, of filing fraudulent expense reports, etc. My English is fine. I also have decent comprehension skills which allow me to understand the questions asked of me so I may properly answer them. Comprehension keeps us all from failing to correctly answer questions, or from answering them like unrehersed idiots.

Beth

Richard

Mark of strength & willingness to act. Or lie and cheat the rules

Sounds like Chenney no wonder you righties like her. They all think they are above the rules and laws. They write their own laws

She's her own Weapon of Mass Destruction. But at least she dresses nice LOL

.....My English is fine. I also have decent comprehension skills which allow me to understand the questions asked of me so I may properly answer them. Comprehension keeps us all from failing to correctly answer questions, or from answering them like unrehersed idiots.

Beth

Then maybe ya could beat Jeff to answering the question:

What has he done???. tell me, I really want to know. people talk about talking up yer own position, ability, or acts. Let's hear some and see if there any substance. Please I'm begging to hear what he's done here at home or concerning world affair..

Here I'll help you out...He mainly voted yes's and no's where applicable to stay on fence or keep lib status quo on things such as abortion. But I'll give bennefit of doubt and wait patiently to hear from you n all the valuable legislation he wrote or sponsored. I assume he surely a good wholesome guy just like the next guy that has contributed plenty to protect American way of life and surely we can relate to him..

Ooop. sorry, I forgot... he spent lots of time trying to thwart the 2nd amendment via the Joyce Foundation. So forget that assumption.

This is precisely what is wrong - Obama supporters consistently read and believe only what they want to believe. This poster and the amen corner which followed clearly demonstrate this. If one were to read my post and get the facts BEFORE distorting them it is clear - it is about B.O.s scholastic history prior to Harvard. Harvard is another subject altogether - and just as shaky. ....

p.s. b/t/w B.O. is not quite as bright as many assume. Extensive testing revealed only 5 college students in Calif attained the max reading skill of 1,800 wpm with 100 percent comprehension over 10 consecutive weeks. My daughter was one of the 5 - Obama is not even mentioned.

Richard,

It has nothing to do about belief, it has everything to do about facts. Quite frankly, no one cares if you think your daughter or granddaughter is smarter than Obama. Neither one is running for the President of the United States.

You posted an inane opinion deriding Obama's intellectual ability that had no basis in fact. The truth is Obama has demonstrated over the past 20 years that he is a very intelligent person. Anyone with even a clue to another's ability, or the capacity to judge fairly, can see that.

BTW, I am not an Obama supporter. Quite the contrary.

On a lighter note, received an email tonight from a manufacturer of woodcare products. Thought it was funny.

Subject: Immigration Crisis on our Northern border!

From the MANITOBA HERALD, Canada :

A flood of American liberals sneaking across the border into

Canada has intensified in the past week, sparking calls for

increased patrols to stop the illegal immigration.

The possibility of a McCain/Palin election is prompting the

exodus among left-leaning citizens who fear they'll soon be

required to hunt, pray, and agree with Bill O'Reilly. Canadian

border farmers say it's not uncommon to see dozens of sociology

professors, animal rights activists and Unitarians crossing

their fields at night.

I went out to milk the cows the other day, and there was a

Hollywood producer huddled in the barn,' said Manitoba farmer

Red Greenfield, whose acreage borders North Dakota. The producer

was cold, exhausted and hungry. He asked me if I could spare a

latte and some free-range chicken. When I said I didn't have

any, he left. Didn't even get a chance to show him my

screenplay, eh?'

In an effort to stop the illegal aliens, Greenfield erected

higher fences, but the liberals scaled them. So he tried

installing speakers that blare Rush Limbaugh across the fields.

'Not real effective,' he said. 'The liberals still got through,

and Rush annoyed the cows so much they wouldn't give milk.'

Officials are particularly concerned about smugglers who meet

liberals near the Canadian border, pack them into Volvo station

wagons, drive them across the border and leave them to fend for

themselves. 'A lot of these people are not prepared for rugged

conditions,' an Ontario border patrolman said. 'I found one

carload without a drop of drinking water. 'They did have a

nice little NapaValley cabernet, though.'

When liberals are caught, they're sent back across the border,

often

wailing loudly that they fear retribution from conservatives.

Rumors have been circulating about the McCain administration

establishing re-education camps in which liberals will be forced

to shoot wolves from airplanes, deny evolution, and act out

drills preparing them for the Rapture.

In recent days, liberals have turned to sometimes-ingenious ways

of crossing the border. Some have taken to posing as senior

citizens on bus trips to buy cheap Canadian prescription drugs.

After catching a half-dozen young vegans disguised in powdered

wigs, Canadian immigration authorities began stopping buses and

quizzing the supposed senior-citizen passengers on Perry Como

and Rosemary Clooney hits to prove th ey were alive in the '50s.

'If they can't identify the accordion player on The

Lawrence Welk Show, we get suspicious about their age,' an

official said.

Canadian citizens have complained that the illegal immigrants

are creating an organic-broccoli shortage and renting all the

good Susan Sarandon movies. 'I feel sorry for American liberals,

but the Canadian economy just can't support them,' an Ottawa

resident said. 'How many art-history and English majors does one

country need?'

This just in...

10/22/2008-"In a recent poll of a well respected cross section of American small business McCain currently leads Obama by a whopping 38.97%.

If small business is correct McCain is to win in a landslide!!"

:banana::USA::beerchug:

ref. Pressure Washing and Contractor Cleaning Forums - The Grime Scene - View Poll Results

ps- correction.. is now 39.74%..Mike voted..lol :lol:

Edited by MMI Enterprises