Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Virtual Election '08

Who are you voting for? (votes are private)  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for? (votes are private)

• McCain/Palin
    • Obama/Biden
    • One of the independents
    • Not going to vote at all

Question

I thought it would be fun to hold a virtual election here on TGS. Cast your vote anywhere between now and Nov 4th. After that, the poll will close and we will see if out results match the Nation or not.

Make your vote count!

Beth

365 answers to this question

As for Bush trying to please across the isle, thats sooooo funny. He never vetoed a single spending or any kind of bill until the congress went Dem less than 2 years ago
Again, making your own facts, Bush has vetoed nothing, hes passed EVERY single lefty thing thats come accross his desk.

She should be offended. If anyone was known to be an associate of a terrorist, they should be offended. There's no question that Bill Ayers is an assoicate of Obama. It's worse knowing that Obama was 8 when Ayers commited those acts of violence, because he still knowingly associated with Ayers.

Well said John, however even if we put aside his criminal associations; ACORN; denial to release his sealed school records; etc, etc etc, we still must address 'character'. On this issue alone it will behoove every freedom-loving American to do everything he/she can to to defeat the Obama disaster.

Richard

Well said John, however even if we put aside his criminal associations; ACORN; denial to release his sealed school records; etc, etc etc, we still must address 'character'. On this issue alone it will behoove every freedom-loving American to do everything he/she can to to defeat the Obama disaster.

Richard

I don't think Obama will be defeated, but if he is or isnt I am going support who ever gets in office. We have to start to work together, we can disagree but on many issue I am sure common ground can be found. We yell that our leaders suck and are so divided, well we the American people are divide and that has to break loose

I don't think Obama will be defeated, but if he is or isnt I am going support who ever gets in office. We have to start to work together, we can disagree but on many issue I am sure common ground can be found. We yell that our leaders suck and are so divided, well we the American people are divide and that has to break loose

Jeff I really don't think we are all that divided when it gets down to the nut cutting. I am sure most people agree that you need to work for a living and there are a few % that get in the entitlement programs line because they suck and don't want to work for anything. The American people are losing every day, every election with no hope in sight.

They think they are the smartest people on the face of the earth. Just look at the bailout. Who do they think they are voting in something like that with all that pork. How can they tell us that the private sector caused all this and shift blame to ceo's when it was the government that created this entire meltdown. If a little government caused the type of problems we have now then what will alot of government do for us?

I would love to see the tax paying Americans claim 10 dependents and come April demand change in government or we don't pay. What they gonna do? Arrest us all? Would be nice to tell them to collect the money from all that pork they doled out wouldn't it? What is that old saying about extreme times demand extreme measures. If we don't get these clowns out of washington we can all put our heads between our legs and kiss our arses goodbye!

Jeff I really don't think we are all that divided when it gets down to the nut cutting. I am sure most people agree that you need to work for a living and there are a few % that get in the entitlement programs line because they suck and don't want to work for anything. The American people are losing every day, every election with no hope in sight.

They think they are the smartest people on the face of the earth. Just look at the bailout. Who do they think they are voting in something like that with all that pork. How can they tell us that the private sector caused all this and shift blame to ceo's when it was the government that created this entire meltdown. If a little government caused the type of problems we have now then what will alot of government do for us?

I would love to see the tax paying Americans claim 10 dependents and come April demand change in government or we don't pay. What they gonna do? Arrest us all? Would be nice to tell them to collect the money from all that pork they doled out wouldn't it? What is that old saying about extreme times demand extreme measures. If we don't get these clowns out of washington we can all put our heads between our legs and kiss our arses goodbye!

I agree. Thats why I hated the last debate neither could answer the question "what would you cut" or they said they would cut spending or taxes then in the next breathe they talked about bailing out this or that or all the programs they would add. They both don't get it

I would propose. Cutting Gov spending, put a real freeze on spending. Cut many Gov jobs and hire experts for the different departments so the run properly. Forget about many of their programs until better economic times

I would then start a infrastructure rebuilding project. Get our highways, bridges reworked and I also would go strong on getting alternative fuels and yes drilling and get our energy crisis under control. I would work on these two things we need both very much. It could and would put many back to work at decent wages. Industries would have to be formed to make the raw materials into the product to build and Make the majority of stuff and try to make all of it here in America, We could get our steel mills back working, we could get engineers and all the technical people working on this. We could get tradesmen by the thousands working at building the bridges, the solar panels, drilling, making windmills, We have to put legal Americans working on this. Businesses would pop up everywhere to support these projects. We could start programs to put people on welfare and younger people to work. You want our help, well we will help give you a trade and education so you get off welfare, so you get out of school and go work a trade. Use prison labor for some of this grunt work, so you aren't just sitting in prison every day figuring out how you are going to get rich selling drugs or robbing someone when they get out.

What we develop, build and create during this time we keep the technologies here in this country, don't outsource what we have learned and done. So many jobs and businesses would be for the taking with just rebuilding roads & bridges and creating energy independence. This would strengthen our economy, educate the uneducated, jobs for those who want them and force some that dont want to work into work. It will take years and maybe decades but you put American back to work with a good couple common causes like I mention we will be stronger than ever. We won't be dependent o Saudis', or Argentina, we will have safe bridges and roads, we will have an America that feels good about what we are accomplishing.

We have all wanted everything in this country in general. The only way we can have everything is to work for it.

Make a law against pork, curb CEO excesses and get America working on building America.

I hope one of them takes a stand when they get in office and tells the American people its time to change and that means holding our elected officials feet over the fire I say burn baby burn

Give America a cause to get behind, one they believe is a true cause the will rise to the job at hand, those who are lazy and dont want to rise, force them to rise and contribute. We are the greatest nation, but we may not be someday if we don't stand up and tell our leaders to lead.

Edited by Jeff

This goes to my above post

We have to retool our country, we cant stay a country that builds nothing, we can't keep shipping jobs and industries overseas

Give us jobs and yes a cause and our economy will grow, the world wide crisis will stop in time. We lead the world you can see we do. Because of all the problems we are having now the rest of the world is having problems, so if we help solve our problems with rebuilding, the world will follow US, making US stronger

Republican & Democrats can agree on things just give us something to work towards as a country united

Just an example of what we as Americans can accomplish. You remember the horrible bridge collapse in Minnesota. They rebuilt that bridge ahead schedule and under budget. This can be done country wide with new energy & infrastructure programs

Edited by Jeff

Even if this is only 10% true, man are we in trouble if this yahoo gets in office.

I got all of the above information on-line. If you would like to check

it - Wikipedia, encyclopedia, Barack Obama; Tony Rezko; Valerie Jarrett:

Daily Times - Obama visited Pakistan in 1981; The Washington Times -

September 7, 2008; The Times May 10, 2008.

To All My Friends,

This election has me very worried. So many things to consider. About

a year ago I would have voted for Obama. I have changed my mind since

then. I watch all the news channels, jumping from one to another. But,

I feel if you view MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News, you might get some middle

ground to work with.

About six months ago, I started thinking 'where did the money come from

for Obama'. I have four daughters who went to college, and we were

middle class, and money was tight. We (including my girls) worked hard

and there were lots of student loans.

I started looking into Obama's life. Where has the money come from?

Around 1979 Obama started college at Occidental in California. He is

very open about his two years at Occidental. He even admits that he

tried all kinds of drugs and was wasting his time. Even though he had a

brilliant mind, did not apply himself to his studies. 'Barry' (that was

the name he used during his early years) had two roommates during this

time, Muhammad Hassan Chandoo and Wahid Hamid, both Muslims from

Pakistan.

During the summer of 1981, after his second year in college, he made a

'round the world' trip. Stopping to see his mother in Indonesia; next

to Hyderabad in India; three weeks in Karachi, Pakistan where he stayed

with his roommate's family; then off to Africa to visit his father's

family. Where did he get the money for this trip? Nether I, nor any one

of my children would have had money for a trip like this when they were

in college.

When he came back he started school at Columbia University in New York

. It is at this time he asks everyone to call him Barrack - not Barry.

Do you know what the tuition is at Columbia? It's not cheap, to say the

least. Where did he get money for tuition? Student Loans? Maybe.

After Columbia, he went to Chicago to work as a Community Organizer for

$12,000 a year. Why Chicago? Why not New York? He was already living in

New York

By 'chance'(?) he met Antoin 'Tony' Rezko, born in Aleppo, Syria, and a

real estate developer in Chicago. Rezko was convicted of fraud and

bribery this year, (nice guy?). Rezko, was named 'Entrepreneur of the

Decade' by the Arab-American Business and Professional Association'.

About two years later, Obama entered Harvard Law School. Do you have

any idea what tuition is for Harvard Law School? Where did he get the

money for Law School? More student loans?

After Law school he went back to Chicago. Rezko offered him a job,

which he turned down. But, he did take a job with the law firm Davis,

Miner, Barnhill & Galland. Guess what? That's the firm that represented

'Rezar', which is Rezko's firm. Rezko was one of Obama's first major

financial contributors when he ran for office in Chicago. In 2003, Rezko

threw an early fundraiser for Obama which Chicago Tribune reporter David

Mendelland claims was instrumental in providing Obama with 'seed money'

for his U.S. Senate race.

In 2005, Obama purchased a new home in the Kenwood District of Chicago.

He paid $1.65 million for the place. While paying off all those previous

student loans (?) - Where did he get the money for the property? On the

same day Rezko's wife, Rita, purchased the adjoining empty lot. The

London Times reported that Nadhmi Auchi, an Iraqi-born Billionaire

loaned Rezko $3.5 million three weeks before Obama purchased this new

home. Obama has met Nadhmi Auchi many times with Rezko.

Now, we have Obama running for President. Valerie Jarrett, was Michele

Obama's boss. She is now Obama's chief advisor and he does not ma ke any

major decisions without consulting with her first. Where was Jarrett

born? Ready for this? Shiraz, Iran! Do we see a pattern here? Or am I

just stupid?

On May 10, 2008 The Times reported that Robert Malley, an advisor to

Obama, was 'sacked' after the press found out he was having regular

contacts with 'Hamas'. The same Hamas that controls Gaza and is

connected with Iran and terrorism.

Oh, and by the way, remember Obama's college roommates, the Muslims who

where from Pakistan? They are now in charge of all those 'small'

internet campaign contributions coming in for Obama. Where is that money

coming from? The middle class in this country? Or could it be from the

Middle East?

And a final tidbit. On September 7, 2008, The Washington Times posted a

verbal slip that Obama made on the 'This Week' TV show with George

Stephanapoulos. Obama, when talking about his religion said, 'My Muslim

faith'. When questioned about this, it was stated, 'he made a mistake'.

Some mistake! k

Now the BIG question - If I found out all this information on my own,

Why haven't all of our 'intelligent' members of the media been reporting

this?

A phrase keeps running through my mind - 'Beware of the enemy from

within'!!!

It's no use Rog....if these people don't mind that Obama is buddies with Bill Ayers (another Timothy McVeigh like Rush said today) then let them be. Can you imagine if Tim McVeigh was out teaching how to bring down capitalism like Ayers is? Can you imagine if this scumbag was tied to Dubya? There is such double talk coming from liberals that it hurts my head to think of how hypocritical they are.

It's no use Rog....if these people don't mind that Obama is buddies with Bill Ayers (another Timothy McVeigh like Rush said today) then let them be. Can you imagine if Tim McVeigh was out teaching how to bring down capitalism like Ayers is? Can you imagine if this scumbag was tied to Dubya? There is such double talk coming from liberals that it hurts my head to think of how hypocritical they are.

I I Don't Don't Know Know What What You're You're Talkin Talkin About About

Rush is a terrorist drug addict stuck up blow hard. Why doesnt Rush run for office?

:D

But seriously Jeff aren't you just a little concerned about these ties to these people? It's not an opinion, these are facts. There are lots of accusations against Bush, yet he has never been found guilty of anything. It concerns me that the potiential next president of the United States has ties to people that have blown up gov't buildings and such.

Judging from the posts Id say your right Ant. They dont care about the mans character or beliefs, ties or experience, only that he says he will change things. Hope they like the kind of change he will bring.

Heres a typical liberal move, if he gets into office Im moving to Canada.

Edited by RMedbery

Guess that one dont count eh?

If RUSH was a member on the forums and if the comment was directed at him as a poster then yes - otherwise, no. We have had you accept the forum rules again twice now. Do you need to read them AGAIN?

Fine. So be it.

Beth

Do you need to read them AGAIN?
Apparantly so if Im unable to post without clicking yes.

There was no name calling in the post you deleted. Which rule did I break there?

Edited by RMedbery