Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Virtual Election '08

Who are you voting for? (votes are private)  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for? (votes are private)

• McCain/Palin
    • Obama/Biden
    • One of the independents
    • Not going to vote at all

Question

I thought it would be fun to hold a virtual election here on TGS. Cast your vote anywhere between now and Nov 4th. After that, the poll will close and we will see if out results match the Nation or not.

Make your vote count!

Beth

365 answers to this question

I am no longer going to talk about or comment on the elections or the economy until after the elections. I am finding both just a little to depressing.

You all arent going to have Richard Nixon ahhhhhhh I mean Jeff LeCours to kick around any more.

I hope for a good desisive election not split 50/50 and a much better economy in 2009. Best of luck and God Bless American

I am no longer going to talk about or comment on the elections or the economy until after the elections. I am finding both just a little to depressing.

You all arent going to have Richard Nixon ahhhhhhh I mean Jeff LeCours to kick around any more.

I hope for a good desisive election not split 50/50 and a much better economy in 2009. Best of luck and God Bless American

Let not your heart be troubled. McCain with a decisive victory. I mean if Osama...I mean Obama won then Hillary could not run in 4 years.

Wacko Wacko Wacko thats all I got to say

Why is it cool to make fun of Palin's preacher, but it's not cool to make fun of Obama's. A while back that guy was all over the media and was just as wack as Palin's.

Don't forget the reason America is here is because a group of people wanted to practice their own religion without persecution, to bash someone elses religion is about the most unAmerican thing you can do.

Why is it cool to make fun of Palin's preacher, but it's not cool to make fun of Obama's. A while back that guy was all over the media and was just as wack as Palin's.

Don't forget the reason America is here is because a group of people wanted to practice their own religion without persecution, to bash someone elses religion is about the most unAmerican thing you can do.

Havent you and many others made fun of Obama preacher?????? Are you, Oreily, Hannity, Rush, The Media all Un American???

I don't know what you're talking about Obama took a real big beating over his preacher, the media and the republicans were all over it and it is still brought up.

As for Palins preacher. I don't thinks its UnAmerican at all to voice my opinion at all. I think a preacher talking about witches is weird, very weird and yes WACKO. What I think is even more WACKO is the republican nominee for Vice President believes in that stuff and was up on stage getting witches exorcised from her or what ever that guy was doing. That ONE thing is I think a reason for every American to take a look at and judge her for it, just like many have judged Obama and he ex wacko preacher. Theirs religions that believe in marrying and having *** with minors, I think that is sick & wacko too and against the law. Now witches may not be against the law, but weird yes to me at least. Not un american at all, its my right, to try to silence me about talking about the wacko would be Unamerican

Hey I almost joined a church in Santa Barbara in 1980, they were nudist and had some hot looking chicks, now thats America!!! I didnt join because I went to a nude wedding and I found out there was a lot of fugly women too LOL

Just my opinion Matt.

Oooooops I wasnt going to talk about this stuff until after the election. I guess i will shut up now

Edited by Jeff

You have me confused with someone else, I thought it was messed up to drag Obama's preacher in to it too. Religious background has no bearing whatsoever on ones abilities.

Wow... Im not pro republican or democrat but I'm shocked by how many want McCain in office :lgbonk: based on this poll.

I vote for who I feel is the best choice... Obama by a landslide IMO!

Wow... Im not pro republican or democrat but I'm shocked by how many want McCain in office :lgbonk: based on this poll.

I vote for who I feel is the best choice... Obama by a landslide IMO!

Theres a lot of republicans on this board, its because the owners of the Board Beth & Rod are such conservative Republicans. Man they are way right wing. I heard Beth has a portrait of **** Cheney on her bedroom wall and Rod has a picture of Palin in his wallet

I dont think its that there are more republicans here, there are more conservatives. The liberal democrat mantra flies in the face of the entrepreneurial spirit. We PROVE its better to make it on your own, a liberal believe you can only make it with the help of government.

I dont think its that there are more republicans here, there are more conservatives. The liberal democrat mantra flies in the face of the entrepreneurial spirit. We PROVE its better to make it on your own, a liberal believe you can only make it with the help of government.

Hey that means I'm not a liberal, man that will surprise a few LOL

Well now that's a crock....

I'm liberal..... I'm an entrepreneur... and I never had anything handed to me on a silver platter nor have I ever expected the government to bail me out of squat. Being liberal and being entrepreneurial are more hand in hand than one might think.

GObama!

Beth

A question to ask yourself would be "Would I run my company the way this candidate wants to run the nation?"

I certainly wouldn't give more benefits or breaks to the guys that do less work for me because I feel bad for them, or they are "underprivileged".

Well now that's a crock....

I'm liberal..... I'm an entrepreneur... and I never had anything handed to me on a silver platter nor have I ever expected the government to bail me out of squat. Being liberal and being entrepreneurial are more hand in hand than one might think.

GObama!

Beth

You make no sense, how could you then vote for osama? DO YOU WANT TO GIVE HALF OF WHAT YOU MAKE TO THE GOVERNMENT?

And you couldnt be more off base, liberals are comunal, they function best as a group, an entrepreneur is a loner, does things on their own. The two couldnt be further apart.

Edited by RMedbery

The so-called 'debate' has just concluded, and I now have a perspective I have not heard anywhere. This is supposed to be 'America the Beautiful' - lyrics written here in Colorado. Just look at the 4 candidates. Biden scares me. McCain gives the appearance of death warmed over. Obama is so ugly he is better described as oglie. Do you really want to pollute America with even more ugly? Ugly should be a criminal offense. We are left with but one choice. Vote for the good-lookin chick.

I won't go so far as to say that Palin won the actual debate but she sure didn't fall flat like most had predicted. I will say that I was a little disappointed at the number of shots fired by the Dems at the Republicans. I would have preferred a more positive, forward looking arena over than the "he did this" / "no, he did that" stuff.

I would like to have heard better than canned answers from Palin. She even stated she would not answer the questions the way either the moderator or her opponent would like but she was going to "speak" to the people.

Don't give me that, answer the question! I am a voter and need to hear those answers in order to be able to make an informed decision. Since she avoided it, I an inclined to think she will be just as evasive if not deceptive in the future when it comes to accountability. Even in her own words she says congress needs to be accountable... is she excluding herself?

She couldn't answer the question because it is beyond her ability to answer. Becoming the VP is not on the job training. She has no background to support the answer and therefore in my opinion is not qualified to be in any leading position of government especially the VP in line to become president if her running mate becomes inable to function in that capacity.

We have been duped for 8 years now by others who would tell us that our fundamentals of the economy are still strong only a few days later to turn 180* to say just the opposite. Sorry, don't lie to me. You will lose my vote every time.

We have been trying to draw peoples attention to the economy since...

The Economy; how do you feel about it? - Feb 22nd, 07, 06:30 AM - http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/business-topics-tips/9736-economy-how-do-you-feel-about.html

'08 Economy Poll - Feb 1st, 08, 07:32 AM - http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/business-topics-tips/12422-08-economy-poll.html

We saw the indicators back then and started asking everyone. Granted we are not majors in this field but it goes to show that by paying attention to the marketing trends and fluctuation in the market, one can become aware of the danger signs.

How long have these republicans been telling us we are not going into a recession?

It's time for a change.

Rod!~

Edited by Beth n Rod