Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Virtual Election '08

Who are you voting for? (votes are private)  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for? (votes are private)

• McCain/Palin
    • Obama/Biden
    • One of the independents
    • Not going to vote at all

Question

I thought it would be fun to hold a virtual election here on TGS. Cast your vote anywhere between now and Nov 4th. After that, the poll will close and we will see if out results match the Nation or not.

Make your vote count!

Beth

365 answers to this question

[yt]_KjsEs46C70[/yt]

;) ...here it is embedded...

Beth

This video looks vaguely familiar with the ad that dems hated so much about 4 years ago

[yt]phqOuEhg9yE[/yt]

Edited by HotShot

Yea Sullivan talked about it all afternoon yesterday on the radio. When a caller called in to say that he supposedly heard Obama give credit during previous speaches (as if that is ok) he had to correct him by noting that Obama appologized that he didn't know it was from a cartoon. Thus we have all sorts of people making excuses for him even though he admits a mistake...

ah well..Don't we all quote cartoon sayings?. I mean that Barney Rubble sure is a great actor!!

You mean McCain/Palin? He's the one running for pres....

GObama!

I am voting for Palin/McCain as well! Palin is the only reason I can vote Republican this year without throwing up. On the other hand, if the libs get control of the big house, I should be able to get my wife to get a nice loan out of that 700 billion. Invest in Peso's everybody!! You could exchange 1 peso for a hundred dollar bill at the rate we are going real soon! Everyone deserves free healthcare since we can all buy a stinking house we can't afford. At the rate we are going we can gather around the wounded and chew up some goat weed and spit it on our bo bo's then go back and relax in our mud huts.

By the way. Can anyone list one accomplishment Barak Hussein Obama has accomplished (besides defeating the Clintons...roflmao)?

GObama!!!!

A reposte. David Brooks, columnist for the New York Times, author, and frequent guest on NPR and PBS, has written a thoughtful column on Sen. John McCain in this morning's paper.

Brooks is a level headed, intellegent, and truthful writer. I have been following his columns for many years and find him completely honest, with no overarching ideology or political ax to grind. Go to:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/26/opinion/26brooks.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin

I am voting for Palin/McCain as well! Palin is the only reason I can vote Republican this year without throwing up. On the other hand, if the libs get control of the big house, I should be able to get my wife to get a nice loan out of that 700 billion. Invest in Peso's everybody!! You could exchange 1 peso for a hundred dollar bill at the rate we are going real soon! Everyone deserves free healthcare since we can all buy a stinking house we can't afford. At the rate we are going we can gather around the wounded and chew up some goat weed and spit it on our bo bo's then go back and relax in our mud huts.

By the way. Can anyone list one accomplishment Barak Hussein Obama has accomplished (besides defeating the Clintons...roflmao)?

I find a hard time voting for the next president that can not answer a question when asked. I am not referring to McCain, I am referring to Palin.

I have yet to hear her answer a question when asked. Whether it be Charlie Gibson, Katie Couric (Sp?) or whom ever, she has not displayed the ability or knowledge to answer the questions asked.

Does she know what the VP Job entails? I look forward to the Biden / Palen Debate.

I find a hard time voting for the next president that can not answer a question when asked. I am not referring to McCain, I am referring to Palin.

I have yet to hear her answer a question when asked. Whether it be Charlie Gibson, Katie Couric (Sp?) or whom ever, she has not displayed the ability or knowledge to answer the questions asked.

Does she know what the VP Job entails? I look forward to the Biden / Palen Debate.

Excellent points and questions....

It's Obama vs. McCain, and it's Biden vs. Palin....

It should NEVER be looked at as a presidential candidate vs a VP candidate. That VP will never be in the oval office unless something happens to the Pres and even then it's not automatic.... if you vote on a ticket due to a VP, you are voting for the wrong reason, in my opinion....

Beth

and frequent guest on NPR and PBS

find him completely honest, with no overarching ideology or political ax to grind

These two statement contradict each other.

I cant understand how as a business owner (which I think most of us are) would vote for a person who wants to raise taxes on small business owners as much as he can.